Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Not a bad day for a Tuesday

ETS was running normally yesterday afternoon on my commute and I got downtown alright to Corona station. It felt funny downtown almost vacant like a Sunday, quiet. The front doors to the inside of the building was locked. WTF? Maybe I can go home? I’ll wait until 4:30pm. Super came down with other management and handed me the pass key to get inside as I tossed it back to him. I went upstairs and settled into a vacant dialer. Janitorial was there earlier to get most of empties. I got a few. I had a decent first half in sales and a card. It was a quiet shift not a lot of people there. I think we must have had about 15 of us. Kind of reminded me of what it was like before the recessing hit. The good old days. I got more empties and left out of there with a $5 bonus and 3 cards for a total of $500 on a slow night and feeling pretty good leaving under gray overcast skies. I think it was about +14C out there.

I got my train for home and called Anne while I was at Stadium station. Her sister and husband from Sydney are coming out here in October. I’ve never met them before but they are coming out to meet family and us for a day. So that’s going to be pretty good. They can do this because they are on Donna’s extensive collection of air mile points.

I got home about 10pm just as Raw was underway and it wasn’t too bad. Anne was making us our Sunday brunch breakfast. On a scale from 1-10 I’d rate Raw about a 7.5. Especially the end where Triple H get hung up on while placing a phone call. Is he trying to resurrect DX again?
I’ve been watching the promo’s for CTV’s recent offering of “Defying Gravity” and meant to catch the pilot episode a few days ago. My next chance to catch this will be August 9th this Sunday. Actually 4 countries are involved in the making of this series: Canada (of course) Germany, the US, and the UK. I don’t know what they’ve got for a budget but it looks like a first class production. Speaking of Scifi, I’ve also been wanting to catch “Dollhouse” as well but unfortunately I don’t know what local channel it’s on. According to our listings its on Wednesday nights from 9-10pm. Yeah I’m on my way home from work at that time. I think the first season was released on DVD but I want to catch a few episodes to see if I like it.

Today I’m getting my 6/49 ticket for the big $35M draw for Wednesday night. I’d even settle for 4 numbers for about $75. But wow $35M!

Also, I was able to read a bit at my dialer last night. I’m enjoying “The Wilding” but in many cases the author uses too many repetitive similes. I’ve seen the same simile repeated on the same page, nothing wrong with that of course, You can feel the unconscious narrative flow of the authors prose when this happens. It’s kind of special to watch the flow unfold.

Not much is going on today. I’m going into work as usual and get my 6/49 ticket. I’ve been asked by people I work with if I ever won the big jackpot would I quit my job? I don’t know. You see there’s only so much of anything one can do before you get board. My wife say’s she’d volunteer her time. I don’t know about that. I like my job. I just don’t like the stress it can sometimes cause me but that‘s why it‘s called a job. I’d like to go into work one day with the knowledge that I’ve got $35M ($!7M me the other half my wife) behind me. I’d work Tuesday through Friday 5-9 and go to my bank, maybe once a month. I’d fly under the radar type thing. I’d dress the same way. Carry no bling. I wouldn’t drive around a fancy car because I don’t have a license anyway. I wouldn’t flash around a lot of money. There would be no signal to anyone that I’d have a lot of money. Yeah I know, I’m dreaming. We had this fellow a few years ago and he ran a fleet of gumball/plinko machines. One day Doug didn’t see me looking while he was going through his wallet. He had a stack of payroll cheques half an inch thick in his wallet lined up like a wad of bills. He realized at the last minute I caught a glimpse of his wallet. He smiled and closed it up making a mock “oops” kind of a gesture. “aren’t you going to cash those?” “Shh,” he said. “you didn’t see anything.” I don’t carry a wallet but I’d go to the bank once a month to cash the cheques……………1:05pm> My wife’s sister Donna is coming out today and the girls are going out this afternoon. It’s Donna’s birthday today and last night Anne went up to Walmart to try their digital photo print machine. She had to wait about an hour but she got a lot of prints from our trip to Jasper early last month. Anne made a photo album for her as a b-day gift. At .20 cents a photo that’s pretty good. I think the print size is about the size of a paperback novel, less maybe 20% off the top. Decent prints too.

I’m still determined to go in for tomorrow for the 1pm shift. This week I want to sit down with bm and go over my vacation pay. There was an over payment of a few dollars from their end of $6 and some change but nothing that would warrant them taking away hundreds of dollars from me.

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now.

No comments: