Saturday, August 8, 2009

Still struggling with this flu/cold whatever it is.......

I woke up with a splitting headache. Just before work Anne went across the street to get me some real Halls cough drops. I went into work and got my cheque. No bonus money or anything like that. Fridays are great because there’s lots of pop cans and I got a whack of empties. Despite what ever it is I have, I ended up doing not to badly sales wise. Super split us up into 3 teams playing most dollars on Credit card sales gets $25 a team player. I had 3 in the first half and a decent total. More empties and Anne called. In the 2nd half I got more empties and a total of 5 CC sales. Our team had the lead but that lead quickly evaporated big time. The first team had something like $880 while we only had $740 by the end of the night. It was pretty good going. I got my bus as it pulled up to my stop to my bank and I got inside with a splitting headache. The same one. As I was trying to do my banking some kids came in off the street plying me with this hard luck story. I didn’t want any trouble. This is distracting. I wish they’d lock those doors after hours so just people with bank cards can get inside.

I did my banking and went to wait for my train at Central and headed home. While coming out of the tunnel I felt better with cooler air relieving me slightly. This nice clean cut young man asked me where Stadium station was. We had a bit of a chat and he got off at Rexall. Anne called me while I was on the bus at Clairview waiting and my head was still throbbing. I noticed this black kid standing in the exit back door as we were heading out and I asked if he remembered me about the Internet business he was running. I wanted him to show me what he has because its MLM based and while I‘ve been there done that, this fellow was completely honest. He smiled and said yes he remembered me but I had nothing to write his number on with at the time but he gave it out to me and like a mantra I repeated the last 4 numbers over and over again until I got home. I wrote the number down and tried to call him but his service providers recorded message said “the customer was unavailable at this time.” I‘ll try and reach him today. Hopefully this is a little side business Anne and I can do together. No it‘s not Amway or Avon.
I got home to catch the mid part of the 2nd quarter Riders/BC game. I had 2 2 bets going on at work saying 1-4 BC will win. There was even a dribble move. Something rarely seen in the CFL. Lions won 35-20. Ching-ching, that’s $5 bucks guys.

Now this is cool: Pulp's Science Detective Meets Comics' Dark Knight Detective In my early twenty’s in the early 1970’s I was read the Marvel “Doc Savage man of Bronze” comic books. Its nice to see DC is reissuing these. According to Fantastic Fiction the publisher ran 192 novels of Doc most of which were written by Lester Dent. I would have loved to get the original novels but most likely these are long out of print.

Ok speaking about business and such like I said yesterday Stats Can released the unemployment numbers for July. Nationally Canada is at 8.6%. Alberta is at 7.2% and here in Edmonton we’re at 7%. This is seasonally adjusted of course when the kids go back to school in September. I’m surprised the numbers are that high here in Edmonton when this time last year we were under 4% Apparently this is the highest the jobless rate has been here in Alberta Stats Can said in 13 years. Anne better keep her job at Pizza and same with me where I am. Without our jobs we can’t get housing subsidy.

Now I heard this story a few days ago on Coast and last night local news ran with the story about the Nasa Kepler mission finding earth size planets. Astronomers are saying that Kepler (the spacecraft) is actually working. They’re using a yellow star like our own and have found a planet but in order to find a planet like ours the mission will have to wait a year or more because like our own planet orbiting the Sun once every 365 days. The article said that the observation to confirm a orbit by an Earth sized planet might be 3 years. First they spot the event, then they wait for the event again, and once more to confirm. But the Kepler mission is taking an area of 100,000 stars. The article suggested confirmation of earth like planets might be around 2011-2012. This is all part of Nasa’s Terrestrial Planet Finder mission. This doesn’t mean that just because there are earth size planets out there doesn’t mean they are habited by advanced civilizations.

Pat posted the winners for his Joel Shepherd Cassandra Kresnov series, I enter as many of Pat’s Give-a-ways as possible. I haven’t won yet but I’m against about a thousand subscribers. The odds could be better of course. The Hotlist is one of my daily blog rounds.

Today, I’m continuing with more FC memory work. With luck I could get a bit of piano practicing in. I’m still working on the chords for “Twinkle Twinkle little star.” or TT for short. It’s such a simple song and I’ve got the animation on how it goes so that should help. Two words for 1 chord held on a 2 count. The first part is C,C,F,C. It’s simple enough. Also, I’ll be reading more of “The Wilding.” But my main entertainment for today is the Edmonton/Hamilton CFL game and then the Winnipeg/Calgary game. So for the most part it’s football on the couch all day. Plus more FC memory work.

If that’s not enough then I’ve got to check my 6/49 ticket to see if I won the big one. Yeah right. It’s not that big of a draw at about $4M.

I had a pretty good week what with getting 20 CC sales and 2 days at line hour. I can’t remember when it was the last time I got 20 CC sales.

For Coast’s Friday night show now underway they are talking about exorcisms and possessions. They can’t talk about Ufology all the time.

Since I’ve got this template I’ve had a block called “For what it’s worth.” My first article was about my ranting on UFO’s but the link wont open for me. I did the coding wrong. Now the brief “article.” Is up and running.

And Finally I added a new article to the “For What its worth Department.” This months topic is the JFK assassination and my thoughts on the topic.

Anyway gang, that‘s all for now.

No comments: