Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm trying to get Goodreads to behave and replace

"In the company of others" with "Truth and Steel" an Everquest book. I started this on the 26th and I'm already beyond the halfway point, it's really good. Thomas M. Reid is an excellent writer.

other then that not a lot of things are going on. I've got today off and I'm just relaxing. Anne's home and about to head out to Walmart. I think they're open all night.

There's been some interesting discussion and development going on about the proposed downtown arena/complex. If it happens. If the katz group is going to do this, now is the time to get it done while construction costs are low before the economy turns around again. Construction costs were 30% lower here the same time last year but that window is slowly closing.

I have the day off today and there's an Eskimo/Hamilton game at Commonwealth. That's on at 5pm. I also want to finish the Everquest book this weekend. Or try to.

Finally I have enough cash to get the Ben Bova Omnibus book Sunday. Yes. That's the last of about 4 Omnibus books I had from the big order in the Spring.

At work we've had a tech guy from head office taking out our notepad and other programs because they were a security breech. We're not supposed to have pens or markers or anything at our dialer's. That makes sense. We are doing one of the worst campaigns our company has to offer and thank God it has a 3 weeks left to go. We might break it up with something else, hard to say. Super sent Darrel and Dave (sitting beside my right and left) home early because they couldn't get anything. I ended up with $145 and no cards.

However we had Calgary/Argos CFL game on and I had double or nothing riding on the Argos tenth strait loss at home. Once in a while you've got to go in on a long shot. I bet DC as well so I'm only out $2 and I paid Greg the rest of that $5 for the cable. The game was tied for most of the night and Calgary was leading 23-20. Toronto couldn't get in close enough for a field goal to tie the game.

Anyway gang, that's about all for now.

Jim

No comments: