Tuesday, April 14, 2009

That was one hell of a close call for me. I'm glad that's all over with.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Anne walked out of here with me and I forgot my bus pass. She offered to fetch it for me and the light changed as she kissed me off. I got to Clairview and onto my bus to read for a bit. It was very windy out there.


I decided despite things I’d read anyway on the train in. I was expecting the vultures to descend on me but to my surprise, nothing happened. Rob came in and smiled at me, “Hi James how was your weekend type thing?” Steve was there smiling. I felt really good. He mentioned about my CC sales but that was about it. “Did you talk with M about your CC sales yet?” Very anti climatic and I felt really good about that. I gathered a bunch of cans and bottles and JT was going to Tim’s and I said “I’ll buy us both one.” I sat in S’s dialer as he was heading home. I had a good first half pulling in $145 and a CC sale. D was with me. The 2nd half I had a terrible start. No sales for over an hour then I got a $50 and a few more sales for $240. Not quite line hour. I asked M about my report card as Rob calls it and M sat with me in the back room and had nice things to say about me. My CC sales need to pick up but he said I was one of his top sales people and he doesn’t want to see me doing this source. They were actually doing taps for WCS in the afternoon.

I got a few more cans and bottles and called Anne to let her know everything’s all right before I left. I felt really good leaving out of there. I read some on the train going in. There were a few emergency vehicles in the parking lot. Fire crews were holding up florescent signal sticks backing a truck out the lot between the rows of yellow posts from yesterdays photo. I asked one of the crew and he said it was a false alarm.


Anne wasn’t home when I came in. She’s probably shopping at Superstore from across the street. She said she’s cooking shepherds/cottage pie. Good stuff. One of my favorite dishes. Real comfort food.

Last night when Anne and her sister were out shopping at Ikea Anne said how they were looking at a nice glass book case, Anne said that would be just perfect for my books. She said she wants to get it for me when her income tax money comes in. I’d like that. She said it can go right in the living room beside the wall unit.


Ok here’s the long term plan: I’m going to stick with the company I’m working with now. So long as the status quo is kept up, things should be alright. I’ll continue to work at my present job. It’s going to give us a bit more income. Not much more.

I’m trying to work my Feedburner RSS feed into my Blogspot blog posts. I tried doing this earlier but I wasn’t very successful at it. I’ll try this again latter on.


Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: