Friday, April 17, 2009

It's been one crazy week let me tell you, and I'm glad that it's all over. For now.

I’m at the Redimart getting a bottle of diet Coke and getting my change. This character comes from behind me and pokes his head through as I’m getting change and asks the clerk for something as I’m getting my change. The space I’m standing in is made for 1 person. The clerk is handing me my change and this idiot works his way over my shoulder, “Do you have xxx?” This is the 2nd time this has happened now in 2 days. I’m the first to admit I’m nobody special but for crying out loud, “wait your damn turn.” A lot of inconsiderate people.

I boarded the train and read my book going into the office. I got G to get me my cheque. I had my vacation pay and 3 days off last week and all my bonus money. Super got me to sit in the back. I got a lot of cans and bottles. Apparently another round of cuts is coming. The morning shift that we are supposed to have is being no more. It’s just 1:30-9pm. Or people can work either or. I think. This will take place May 1st. The thing is we have 24 stations that aren’t in use after 5pm and outdated equipment to work with. Also apparently we are the only office out of 30 that has a morning shift. Apparently we have a choice to do either business or family. “Family,” is residential calling.

This morning I spent some time playing Oblivion but I kept on getting killed all over the place. At least I repaired my weak armor. I’m finding it cheaper to repair some things from the guy in Anvil rather then buying repair hammers. One payment and the guy repairs it up to full strength. Including swords. My Longsword is back to having an attack of 4. My level 7-Up (?) bar is only about a quarter of the way in from reaching level 7. I’ve got a long way to go and I haven’t even begun to complete the first Fighter Guild mission. B says I can adjust the difficulty of the game but I’d rather play this at default anyway.

My reaction to the Oiler’s ousting Craig MacTavish or MacT as he was called around the league l. 8 years as a coach and he took the team to the Stanley Cup finale in ‘06 is gone. It was something both parties agreed to. Kind of sad really because I liked MacT. I recall how MacT pulled out the tongue of Calgary Flames mascot “Harvey the hound” when the mascot leaned over the glass at the Saddle dome and got to close. MacT tossed the “tongue” back into the crowd. That was classic. If they ought to get rid of anyone it should have been Kevin Lowe. Lowe is responsible for getting rid of a lot of great players from that ‘06 playoff run where he got the Oiler’s to within 1 goal from winning it all. MacT won 3 Stanley cups as an Oiler and won 1 cup as a New York Oiler, er I mean Ranger. It was mainly all these disgruntled Oiler fans that jumped on the band wagon complaining that it was the coach’s fault that lost them a chance to get into the playoffs. No it’s Kevin Lowe’s fault for getting rid of the players we had on that team. Watch who ever the coach is going to be next year if they don’t make the playoff’s they’ll say, “I wish we had MacT here,” If anything management should have given MacT 1 more chance. If he doesn’t take the team to the 09-10 playoff’s then he can go. I didn’t like how MacT left. Not that I’m blaming him I’m blaming Edmonton Oiler hockey fans for being a classless act. Now the Oiler’s have got to go scrambling to find a head coach over the summer. Charlie Huddy? Craig Simpson? Is Wayne Gretzky done with his contract in Phoenix yet? I’m left with the same kind of bad taste in my mouth as when Lowe got rid of Ryan Smyth in 2007.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: