Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I'm having some modem technical support issues with my ISP but I hope to have them ironed out in a few days.

Last night Super moved 3 of us in the back to do taps. I had a slow beginning and very few cans and bottles were up for grabs. I learned the Oiler’s/Kings game was on PPV. Lovely. Their last game at Rexall place of the ‘08-09 season will be Friday night with the Flames and of course I’ll be watching that. Since I had a slow start I got few sales. It was me, D and JT. In the first half I got a CC sale and bout $245 in sales doing CBF. In the 2nd half I got another CC sale and a $100 sale and I closed out with a $75 sale. I love closing on money. Apparently we’re supposed to have some of the people from the DNC list to make sure we’re doing our jobs properly and they will be joined by some of the people from Vancouver. The boss is on a 1 week Easter break and it’s drying up out there. Some bad news though on my way out the office the Oiler’s were losing 2-1 in the 3rd. There could still be a slim chance. I knew LA would do this. I headed out to catch my train with a whole whack of bottles and cans I got during break. I read from my book before the train and on my way home as there were extra cars on the train tonight due to the Oiler game.

When I got home there was still no Internet activity. I called Shaw to find out what’s going on and they pulled my service because of a slower modem. I’ve had this thing since August 1999. There’s nothing wrong with the modem except since then Shaw’s come up with an even “faster” modem. My modem is helping to slow the network down I guess is what they were saying but all I have to do is bring the modem and cables to any Shaw outlet and swap it for a new one at no charge to me. Anne confirmed all of this when she came in from her outing from across the street as I was talking with tech support getting the address for their West End location. Anne said she’ll do it for me Thursday on her day off. I should be back online Thursday night if all goes well.

But we have a Wednesday 6/49 ticket for tonight’s draw and we might win the big draw of $9M! Yeah right I usually like to check the numbers at their online site from my list of links but there’s a machine that checks for winning numbers, the guy scans in.

Hype for the new Star Trek movie “Academy” is revving up its gears for the big release May 8th. From the trailer’s I’ve seen the film looks really good.

Tonight Anne is on the job and tomorrow we get our cheques as usual. They might even come in for tonight, hard to say. But I owe DC $10 from about the first of march to see if the Oiler’s would get into the Playoff’s. I owe him $10. I was in the running. Last week the copper and blue were in 7th place. I’m in for Thursday off Friday and in again on Saturday. So Saturday I’ll go in and get my book

But it looks like my service provider is giving me a bit of grace here. So if I’m offline for a few days, you’ll know why.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: