Sunday, April 26, 2009

Freaky weather for late April. Normally we're about +18C for this time of year.

I got up this afternoon on the late side today about 12:30pm. Snowing like a blizzard out there. Thing is it doesn’t stay on the ground long. I took this picture just now. Nobody at 2:45pm April 26th is going to try and convince me about “global warming.”
Anne left for the truck. We get some decent quality food out of there at discount prices. She sure did pick the day for it that’s for sure.

There was no winner on the $22M draw last night. Lots of folk won other prizes of course. On my ticket I got 2 numbers. I didn’t even win the extra. But when Anne got home, she got 2 numbers including the bonus number so she wins $5. She didn’t win the extra on her ticket either. The draw for Wednesday is now $32M. I thought about what would I do if we did win this one. I think I’d still work on the job and just say to Rob that I have something else and leave it at that. If I left a message on the answering machine that I resigned they would know I won the jackpot.

Anne’s got a $50 gift voucher from her job last week she’ll be getting this week. She picked Best Buy and she said I can have it towards a game or whatever. I’m thinking about Fable 2 or Shimmering Isles and I’m leaning towards the later. Whenever I get around to finishing Oblivion.

Yesterday after work I wanted to go out and get my haircut but I was too exhausted from having no sleep the night before. Friday night/Saturday mornings are hard on me because I don’t get much sleep. I’d rather go to Rob after a few weeks of putting in a few afternoons and ask because I’m diabetic and it’s wearing me down, now that I put a few extra hours in, can I have Saturdays off. It’s getting really hard on me.

After work I boarded a very crowded train heading home. I barely got a seat. Apparently the City opened up 2 new stations after the Health Science Center on the South LRT: McKernan/Belgravia and South Campus. I figured I’d stay on my seat and take the trip South and have a look. From Clairview to South Campus, took about 25 min. There’s not much out that way but by this time next year the South LRT will be completed out to Southgate Mall and Century Park.

I got off at the corner of 39th/137th just up here and walked by BK. I should have ordered something but at that time I wasn’t very hungry. I went into Rogers across the street for a bag of chips for my Hawks/Flames game last night. Hawks took that game 5-1 and now they go to Calgary for a game #7 I believe on Monday .

Anne had called a couple of times to update me. I wish she could have got that gift card for Coles or Chapters. But Best buy is ok.

I’ve never been in a Best Buy store before. I’m still working on BRH and that’s what I’m going to do after I blog this.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: