Sunday, April 5, 2009

I had a nice day today even though I didn't get outside to enjoy any of the weather.

I got up about 1:45pm did some more EA exam memory work. I’m comfortable up to 60% of the whole thing. It’s easier then I thought. I also read a bit more from BRH, this book like Helix is very accessible. Anne left out of here about 4pm for Rose bowl pizza and I was doing some more books to order research before Wrestlemania XXV. At 5 pm my wrestling didn’t come on and I was getting all frustrated with this. I decided to call my service provider and I got through almost immediately.

The problem was that Anne ordered the show in high def. We don’t have HDTV hooked u yet, so the voice on the other end put it on for me immediately. I missed the first 20 minutes but that’s ok. I enjoyed all the matches. Anne called from pizza saying she’s just waiting for it to come out of the oven. There was about an hour and a half of Wrestlemania when Anne came in with pizza. She watched that with me. The best match was the Undertaker and Shawn Michael’s. I enjoyed this Wrestlemania, despite the little hic cup from our end. It was as good as last year. They announced the attendance at 72,174, I think is what they said. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate it as an 8/10.


After Wrestlemania I decided to have a bit of a nap. Anne went across the street to Superstore and just now up to Walmart. She’s sort of watching the Country music awards.


I’m looking at the Blackberry Bold over the Curve. I think the Bold has a bigger screen and even though the phone is more or less an entertainment device for me then a telephone for $60/month, I can justify this expense but I might end up changing jobs soon anyway this Spring if I have my way.


I’ve got a few security guard companies I’m going to try out for and if I can get a license and work at a site that allows me to bring in a small laptop computer to work with, then great. I’d probably work my current job from 9-3pm and security 5-9 every day except Wednesdays and Thursdays I’d take off of both. All I need is one day off. Maybe the guard company might let me work 3 days/week like the old WH. I’d love the PRM site again. I’d work my company from 1-9 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday’s, Fridays and Saturdays off. Except when there’s a lodge night. That’s give me 35 hours and 24 hours at the guard company. 59 hours is a lot of hours. But Friday night Saturday morning I’d be so wiped out, I’d just crash as soon as I get to bed. The whole idea behind this is to have something to fall back onto in case my job goes under and I can get into position to ask the boss for more money. I’ve done security before and it will pay me a lot more then where I’m working now but this wont be until about May.


The “nice thing” about retirement money is one can continue working without penalty. CPP won’t provide me with a lot because the jobs I’ve been on have been on minimum wage or not that much more. Very few companies pay just minimum wage anymore. The Alberta Government is going to increase minimum wage up to $8.80/hour. This is what I was getting while working for ACT in the early 1990’s pulling in 12 hour days. Personally I think increasing the minimum wage here in Alberta is a bad move, especially in these economic times. We’re in a recession right now and Stelmach wants to increase minimum wage? I wonder what he’s smoking?


At least the markets are increasing so that’s a good sign. When oil climbs back up to $70/barrel as I feel it will in May, then the economy here at least will be booming again. Right now at $53/barrel, if the markets continue to be inspired by this upswing, $60/oil could be a reality by the end of this week. But I said that last week as well when oil fell to around $40 again. Still that didn’t last long. $70 oil May-October is good.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: