Sunday, April 12, 2009

That was my long weekend, such as it was

I had a great long weekend even though it was not as long as I‘d like, it went like warp speed. Another 2 days off would be just great. I need 2 weeks off is what I need.

Today I got out of bed on the really late side: About 1:40pm. That gravel pill does that to me almost like I’ve been mauled by a Zombie or something. Anne made our brunch about 4pm, kind of late for a brunch. I did some piano work and learning “Another year older?” I’m learning 8th notes.

Also this weekend I read a lot from BRH, I hope to be at the half way point of the book by the 18th of this month. Despite the Lodge work I’m doing for the exam next meeting.

Depending how this week goes and all, if it’s going to be a depressing week economically and my job then I might still go ahead with the guard job. I’m still waffling over this. With all the rules and regulations my job is being bothered with both Federally and within the company, I can see this job falling into a black hole really fast.

I suppose by now everyone in the SFF universe has heard about “Starlog” magazine suspending it’s service. It’s no longer a magazine but will focus on it’s web presence. Too bad. I really enjoyed Starlog when it came out before the advent of the Internet. The Internet killed Starlog in it’s magazine form. Most of the info the magazine contained lately was made obsolete with sites like SF Signal, Suvudu and Sci-fi chick.

Tonight of course is Monday night Raw, always a good time.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: