Friday, October 31, 2008

Uggh, when

I’m in a hurry, jotting this stuff down after reading it again boy do I make spelling mistakes. That’s why I mention in the “Welcome block” about an editing disclaimer. I usually try and edit these blog posts latter. Especially if I’m in a hurry.

I went to bed at my usual 4am time this morning. I did a bsl reading at that time and it read 12. Not good. Around 2am my bsl was 14.2. My bsl reading is usually high over night anyway.

Today is Halloween and we here in Canada set our clocks back an hour this weekend. We used to do this 3 weeks ahead of the Americans but since last year we moved Daylight Savings time (in the Spring) back 3 weeks to March 9th. So now we have Halloween tonight and Saturday night Sunday morning we set the clocks back. Halloween is the last occasion of Summer/Fall and once we set the clocks back an hour, we’re heading officially into winter. Well by my reckoning at least. It makes for a short winter, only 4 months. In March here it begins to warm up, in theory.

Also this weekend in Calgary they are having their World Fantasy Convention. I’d love to go but the job thing and lack of funds holds me back from attending. Best I can do this weekend is to buy a book.

Also, there are a few Oiler games on TV this weekend I‘d like to catch. Saturday afternoon at 1pm and then again Sunday morning at 11am. Yeesh. I want to get up to watch the Sunday game and I’ll be able to see the first hour of the Saturday game on our last hour of the shift.

So tonight is the last Eskimo game. I think its at Commonwealth. A football game on a Halloween night no less. The last game of the season. Next week is the CFR Rodeo and that’s going to be for I think 8 days. It’s a big event for the City along with Farm Expo. But getting back to this evening, after work, I’m going to head over to Audrey’s and pick up a book. Hopefully I can get home before the game is over and get into Smackdown.

November isn’t as full as October. Sure we set our clocks back, I have step up night at the Lodge, We have Remembrance day Nov. 11th and other then that, November will be a lame kind of a month for me. I like months like this.

Anne and I decided not to go to the office (if there is one) Christmas party this year, my place of employment usually puts on. Christmas day itself is on a Thursday. I might take Thursday and Friday off. Well see. In December our rent goes up $70 to almost $900/month.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: