Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I got up around

noon and did my stuff. Anne made me a nice lunch and we headed off to vote. She brought the digital camera along and took a couple of photo’s of me. These 2 are the best in the bunch. That’s my ball cap I’m holding in my right hand on a rather windy day. We took these waiting for our bus. It passes by the orange barricade you see in the background.
The bus stops right in the narrow portion of the road. It’s called the trap and were just in front of the main doors to Sifton school. Shortly after we took those our bus came whizzing by and we ended up missing it. We parted our separate ways just out back of our place as I went onto work. I missed that bus as well but I got the other one and even though the day was partially overcast it was a nice day.
I got into the office a bit on the early side and the boss had left and the staff were just about to leave the afternoon shift. The only thing on my mind was the election results. I had a good start to the afternoon. I ended up with 3 CC’s and a pretty good night but towards the midway point of the 2nd half I had a difficult customer that said something unpleasant. “Do you want to talk to my supervisor?” The guy said “Sure,” as the floor manager went by me he looked at me funny saying I was supposed to trouble shoot the call. Yeah and waste my line hour time? So my “Supervisor and I glared at each other and he had some choice words for me. He’s been on my case for awhile now. I did get some election results near the end of the shift and it was PC something like 139 seats. They were saying to me all night that the Conservatives will be having a minority Government again. I just hung up on the guy waiting. I was glad to get out of there. I made my way to Corona and waited for my train and read on the way home feeling somewhat relived that at least the Liberals didn’t win. The Bloc won most of their seats in Quebec of course. The NDP came in just behind The Bloc.


I got home to catch the other results and Harper won with something like 142 seats. Other then that minor crap with the floor manager I had a pretty good night.


So, it’s come to my attention that Pure Speculation is This Weekend. Oct 18th- 19th Whew. Also, I get another $20 and I have COH $35 on hand plus another $20 for Saturday. So this is good news.


Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now


e. Jim

No comments: