Friday, October 24, 2008

Last night

I got my cheque including my stat pay and my cheques was bang on. Rob was running the crew and said to me that if I get high total he would get me a $15 bonus. Ok. I had a slow start as we were doing Magic all night. Then we switched to CPA. Greg had the cable installed for the Oiler’s at Denver. I had a great view. It was like watching the game at the bar. It’s tough for any team to play back to back games and expect to win after a loss the night before. They should have put Geron in goal Wednesday night and Rolly in last night. I got the top total pulling in over another $1,000 night and I got the $15 bonus for next week. That should make it $45 in bonuses this week and the week isn’t even over yet. When I left the Av’s were up 3-1 and I knew the Oiler’s were going to lose this one. I barely got to the bus on the corner of 107th and up to my bank. We have all our rent for November, we don’t need any groceries. Things are looking good. I did my banking and cracked my book open to read on the train home. I’m currently in the early stages of Icewind Dale Trilogy, book 2. I’m enjoying this. I got home and sure enough I missed the 3rd period. The finale score was 4-1 Av’s. Anne and I erupted into a bit of a brouhaha over the cable at work which left her pent up heading to Superstore. Everything was under control when she returned. I should have keot my mouth shut.

While looking over some YouTube piano vids I came across some acoustic guitar lessons. I don’t know if I’d like to play guitar but it doesn’t look that hard. The examples I looked at said most beginners have trouble with the B and F chord because the finger has to cover over all the strings. Most beginners the vid said give up guitar because they can’t play this chord. I was thinking what I’d like to try and do is visit a pawn shop and try out a guitar. How it feels in the hands and see if I can play the B and F chord. If I can I might buy something used, get it tuned and learn how to play the guitar as well as piano. Half an hour a day at each an hour reading and a couple hours writing. I watch very little TV as it is.

We went to bed at our usual time 4am although Anne was half an hour behind me. I got up around 8:30am to use the bathroom and came back to find out I couldn’t sleep. I must have got 4 hours but I’ll sleep better over night for sure.

So at 4pm I’m out of here for my 5-8:30pm shift. Anne just left out of here for her job. She starts at 2-10pm so she’s going to have a long night and our cell phones aren’t topped up, so we’re without cell phones this weekend. After work tonight I’m going to Audrey’s and pick up that Everquest book and the last of my Karen Travis books for tonight then home to watch Smackdown. Tomorrow if I don’t decide to go to the pawn shop to test a guitar it’s just straight home for my nap. Saturday night it’s another Oiler game.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: