Saturday, October 18, 2008

Convention Saturday today

Friday afternoon at 4pm I was out there waiting for my bus. Temperature wise it was +16C. Pretty good for mid October. I had a nice ride into Corona station and went right up to Audrey’s books and to the special order desk. I picked up the 2 Karen Travis books and into work. I took my end dialer and no surprises. Surprisingly I had a good start to the shift and a $100 CC. I was at about $465 by break and thankfully Chris wasn’t barking beside me in my ear. These totals of course is money I raise for charity. It’s not for me or anything. I also had 2 CC’s on by break when Anne called. We had a nice chat. The 2nd half was just as good and I got 1 CC. I just wanted out of there to go home and catch the last part of the Oiler’s/Calgary game. Someone on the phone had told me that the Oiler’s were ahead 3-2 in the 2nd. Great. There were a lot of Eskimo fans on the platform at Stadium when Anne called on the last of her breaks.

When I got into our apartment to fire up the TV the Oiler’s were ahead 4-2 with about 12 minutes left in the 3rd period. Then. Calgary scored. Mac T decided to have rookie goal tender Drouin-Deslauriers in goal and for his first game he looked like he did all right for himself. Not just that but the Oiler’s have an unusual 3-0 win loss record and 2 of those wins were on the road. The Oiler’s and Flames play here tonight.

After the game I watched Smackdown. It wasn’t bad. Anne came in about 11pm and made me some perogies and a smoky. Good stuff. By the time ECW was just about done, I was exhausted. I kissed my wife goodnight and went straight to bed. When she came in sometime around 2:30am it woke me up and all I could do was to just lie there and toss and turn. I know after work I’m going to be exhausted and I want to go over to Pure Speculation. Maybe take some photographs. I’m sure "Darth Vader" and some "Wookies" and maybe even some "Storm Troopers" will be there and maybe even some Super Heroes and D&D types as well. I know what bus to take and if my camera cooperates mybe I can get some good pictures. Then it’s home to have a nap and a snack and watch the Flames at Oiler’s rematch game on at 8pm.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: