Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A nice couple of days

Anne convinced me I should stay home tonight because my BSL reading was so high previously. I checked it again about 3pm this afternoon and it was back down to a more manageable level but I hadn’t slept well this weekend.

Hey, I’ve got a decent ad now on my Adbrite block. I don’t know if its generating me any cash at all. According to my stats counter I received 27 hits so far today. The day before close to 60.

One thing I’ve been thinking about recently is the fact that I’ll be 60 years old in another 4 years. Uggh. What it means is under the Canada Pension Plan, I can take early retirement at the age of 60. Most people get about $500 but there are provincial supplements. The thing is, I might be able to claim a medical under Social Services due to my scoliosis and diabetes. Plus I can also work a bit as well even without Social Services. The reason why Social Services would be a benefit to me is because SS would cover my diabetic supplies like insulin and test strips etc. plus I might even be able to work part time 3 days/week with SS but because I’m married without children I doubt SS would work in my favor. I’d rather be married anyway. But taking early retirement and the supplements would helpmy wife and I out a little.

Anne called me about 8pm last night saying how she called my place of work and Rob picked up the phone. “James who?” and she let him know I wouldn’t be coming in. She said something under his breath, “well I’ll let the big wigs know.” Like I should be concerned. After that BS the worst he could do would be to suspend me and for what because I called in sick? I’ll go in at my regular time and yeah, he’ll be there squeaking giving me a dirty look. Yeesh. He was making a reference to the heat call I got 2 weeks ago. But I’m here every Friday night/Saturday Rob.


I got my pizza meal. It was really nice except for the crust, I got 10 chicken peices and these were realy nice the size of chicken balls. It came with a handful of curley fries. it was quiet a meal. I watched Raw and had a good night off by myself.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: