Sunday, October 26, 2008

Backing up a

hard drive data for years had been a mystery to me. I knew it was important because I had several computers crash. I back up every Saturday or Sunday now. My little 500G external drive serves me well but no Future Shop in the same configuration has a 1 Terabyte external hard drive going for under $150! That’s significant when 10 short years ago external hard drives were way smaller in memory size and cost about the same as an external HD today. I recall my buddy and I going to Compusmart in the mid 1990‘s about once a month to look around at their West end location.

October is one of my favorite months. It’s Halloween month. I’m in my mid fifties and I still get a kick out of the costumes and the energy Halloween brings. The excitement level is high. October is our last summer/fall hurrah before the dreading turning of winter. The company I work for over the years used to have an event called “Halloween O’ Ramma” (HOR) on the legislature grounds but this year we didn’t do it HOR. We lost a few campaigns due to the Lawsuit. I used to like this event. Speaking about Halloween SF Signal has a link to some cute short films on the topic out of today’s “Tidbits”

I’m not hearing anything over at AGF about the move to Multiply. I’m going to miss the format of MSN groups. I opened up a multiply free account and its another one of these free web space platforms like Myspace. The thing I don’t like about Multiply is that it is slow to load but AGF is working on moving everything over to Multiply. So February 1st the AGF link wont work. Multiply also has a paid upgrade account as well.

It’s not bad out there. I’ve got my window open and it’s only +0C. It’s sunny but the difference is there’s no wind.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: