Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm having a decent weekend

but I'm glad it's Saturday night.
This morning I got out the door 10 minutes early and waited for my bus under sunny skies. I got down to Tim's and again no hash browns but once inside the lobby of out building I was able to get a haircut. I met the guy in the barber shop and he took me in right away. I got the whole thing done 10 minutes before shift and had my breakfast sandwich as well.

I sat with JT in the back as we did OTH. I got 4 cards on the day but I didn't know how what my total was. I got a couple more cards and closed out with $205 on cards and a $600 total for the day. For this I get a $5 bonus but I got a much needed and long awaited haircut. It was $15 and I gave the guy a $2 tip.

I was so exhausted on the train but I didn't want to fall asleep as well so I read more from "City of Pearl." It's not bad, I'll most likely read the next one in this series after all as I hope to complete the midway part by this weekend if not the book by the 15th. If this was a novel that grabbed me right away, I'd be done with it by now.

I got into the apartment shortly after 5pm and watched WWE Vintage. I'm going try and grab 40 winks before Anne comes home, so that's about all for now. I'm half awake, so there could be spelling errors.

I had a bit of a power snooze and feel somewhat refreshed. Anne's had something in the oven from when she left and from when I got into the apartment. I don't smell smoke so nothing seems to be burning.

A couple of days ago I've been trying to find the page to Ad Astra radio but the link I get gives me a blank page with the words Ad Astra radio in bold letters on the upper left hand corner. I can't seem to find a link to this station. It's all things in the Science Fiction Fantasy genre like gaming novels movies etc. But I did discover "Hour of the Wolf" which I was able to listen briefly to. What's this Kage baker passed away? I didn't know. What was a surprise to me was she was born the same year as me and Joe Strummer. Baker was born in June of that year so that made her older then me by 2 months,sad.

Speaking of SFF radio though I did discover "Hour 25" and "The voice of Science Fiction." I'm sure there are others. I know blogs like SF Signal cover similar ground but I like having something to listen to at work in between calls.

It's been a productive weekend, Paypall and the haircut and getting my book "Fantasy. The years best 2007" by Rich Horton. It's been a great weekend.

No comments: