Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm having computer mouse troubles

We’ve been getting this strange weather system in lately. Strange by meaning for the first few days of Spring, it’s sure letting us know it’s winter around here. Remember I predicted March came in like a lamb and out like a lion? That’s exactly what’s going on right now— except the snow had stopped falling. Weird.

Anne’s going into do our taxes tomorrow and because we file our return electronically to Revenue Canada, I should get my tax return around the end of April if not earlier. If my return doesn’t end up going towards going rent, then I’m getting the Itouch. I don’t ant to be locked into a bill for 3 years.

While I was in the office just as shift was changing one of the relatively new guys heard from somewhere that I was a Mason and that he is very much interested in joining. I’m not very comfortable with this fellow. The first question I ask that shy younger people away from the craft is when I ask them if they believe in God. He had to think about that one. He asked back the question that he thought Masonry isn’t a religion. It isn’t. A belief in God doesn’t have to mean you believe in Jesus. This bloger doesn’t. There is no requirement in any Masonic body’s constitution or bylaws that stats a candidate had to be involved in some sort of belief structure. We call this organized religion. Most Messianic Jews don’t believe in the New testament but they believe in God. My Spider senses immediate red flagged the guy. Then he said after the break that he was in jail that he needs some direction and asked me if we do a criminal record check. I was more or less ok with this guy. He seems like a nice sort. Then I mentioned our Lodge fee. No problem. What’s the first thing that happens next? He asked. I bring this to the attention of the investigating committee and they call the candidate to set up a meeting in their home. “I’m living in a situation that won’t let me have visitors.” Then my Spider senses were really tingling. I’m not really comfortable with this guy. So I’m going to mention that he should go down to the Masonic Lodge and ask down there for a tour and meet with somebody. I’ll just say I don’t really like to sponsor people I work with, something like that. Who’s ever the manager at The Freemason hall will direct him. Or maybe I should talk with our current WM and seek advice from him. I’ll do that this evening after I leave the office.

I’m still having trouble with this computer mouse. One of the guys at the office said they have a bunch of PC equipment that isn’t being used and that there could be a mouse he might have he can donate to me. Anne said they have computer mice at the dollar store across the street. Any PS/2 mouse is all I need, we’ll try this out first.

I’m still plugging away at the sequel to “City of Pearl” “Crossing the line.” The chracters are more defined even if their goals are not clear at the moment. 63 pages into the book the plot isn’t that defined yet but the writing sure is good.

Hey-hey, the Oiler’s won their 3rd game in a row at home last night against Vancouver. Anaheim Ducks are here Friday and I have the night off. I’m putting in my full day Thursday after Anne comes back from doing our taxes. Then I go in for 3.5 hours Friday get my pay check and home, have a nap and get ready to watch the Ducks/Oiler game, if it isn’t on PPV that is.Anyway that's all for now.

No comments: