Thursday, March 11, 2010

I had a slow start to the job last night

Firstly, I had trouble with the monitor not working. Then I had trouble with the headset. Then I had to let about $85 worth of sales go because I couldn't verafy the addresses and I lost a sale because I asked for the credit card. it was one of those nights that put me on the low end of the board. I did get $95 worth of cards which was nice. I was in an owley mood all night.

The nice thing about the weather, for the first time since last November I was able to put my sneakers on instead of boots. That felt good. I was able to read about 4 pages of "pearl" on my commute there and back for 8 pages or so each way. I'm actually enjoying this book and most likely I will work my way through the series.

YouTube is such an amazing resource. I was mentionng this to my wife earlier and I said how it's probably the greatest application the Internet has ever seen since the introduction of Google and Pay Pall. I go on YouTube many times during the week. Earlier I checked out some Advanced Squad Leader set up scenaries. There are a few. I'd love to get back into ASL and play a couple times/week.

Yeesh, Coast has another boring topic on this evening: Hypnosis. last night they were talking Thyroid disease. I think today (Thursday) it's on remote viewing.

I've been seriously thinking about delving into audibooks. I like audible.com but you can't use pay pall to buy books. They charge $7.95/month for the first 3 months and $14.95/month there after. What so you can buy and download their books? Am I reading this right? Ok normally I buy 1 SFF book/week which basically works out to about $650/year on paperback books. But I'm cutting down and buying just 2 books/month. However I like a book to listen to at night and I can get a audiobooks on ITunes, without a subscription service including podcasts etc. Anyway that's about all for now.

No comments: