Monday, March 8, 2010

A nice looking Monday out there

We had pest control come into the suite this morning. The guy looked around to feel for bed bugs etc. Our suite passed inspection. As if there was any doubt.

I'm off for my 5-9 shift and then wrestling when I come home. Wrestlemania is in a few short weeks. I always order Wrestlemania and Summerslam, good times.

My laptop is still out of action not just because of Security Tool, which I can get rid of easily enough now, but I have to get an update on my anti virus program. I hope to be back online with my laptop by the Easter weekend. on the topic of laptops, I was watching an interesting YouTube video on how to install a laptop graphics card. It's pretty intense.

What inspired me to watch this video is because I want to upgrade my little Acer with a new graphics card capable of playing D&D online. I opened up a DDO account yesterday and discovered the "graphics card" in my desktop wouldn't meet the system requirements to play the game Besides I have extra Ram requirements in my laptop and I'd rather play it there.

Still trudging through "City of Pearl." I'm not sure I want to invest a lot of time in this series. There's not enough action and things going on in it for me and I'm gradually losing interest in "City of Pearl." The multiple POV switches in mid scene is unnerving and whacky. The novel is too British for me. Sod this and sod that and Bullock this and Gov'nor that. I don't even know what Bullock means! Nothing against the British. The best music of my generation came out of the UK. I love everything about the British and the UK except the slang and maybe the obvious "class structure." And I've read books and stories by other UK authors (Peter F Hamilton, Neal Asher) and I don't get the British slang in those authors. This is not a review or a blight on the author and I'm hopeful the novel will pick up but so far, but "City of Pearl" isn't working for me. I wish it would. Anyway that's all for now.

No comments: