Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Monday washout

Yesterday blogging wise was a wash-out. I went into work with a bit anxiety due too a fellow staff employee I had a run in with Saturday. But that got blown over quickly. Everything’s all right on the job front now. A minor hiccup.

Monday night Raw was great. Next week William Shatner will be guest host. I’m looking forward to that one. Last night Raw was hosted by one of the guys from Phsyc. Everyone is getting “Psyched up“, pardon the pun. Apparently John Cena had something to do with the show. Or maybe he was just featured in one episode I‘m not sure. I haven‘t seen the show so I can‘t say.

Today it’s a Tuesday night on the job. It’s also game day as I’ll be “watching” the Oiler game in between calls. No Oiler rumours about any trades. Though there has been mumblings about trading Sheldon Souray to a Southern California team.

We’re -15/-22 wind chill out there. Not looking good. Time to breakout the old face mask and scarf. That’s ok, Day light savings time is just 8 weeks away, March 11th. And April is just around the corner from that.

Now that I have Friday nights off, once a month I can go Lodge visiting over there at Strathcona Lodge at Acacia Hall every Second Friday. I didn’t know this but Ye Old Craft meets there on a Saturday. Most likely they tile at 7:30pm like most Lodges. Lodge Saturday’s I can work just half days. I can leave about 5:30pm go to Chapters, get a book relax over an Apple Cider. I’d like to go to Lodge at the festive board saying how I visited Redwood(date), Strathcona (date) and Ye old craft (date) One of the big parts of Masonry is visiting other Lodges. Now that I can mix and match my mornings/evenings, I can go out to more Lodges. Next week, I’m working Wednesday morning and maybe the afternoon for Redwood and Thursday morning for my own Lodge and Friday. But I’ll also be working Friday morning as well for my usual.

I’m still reading 2006 Best of SF and a real long story about some kids getting Polio in the 1950’s. I mean these stories are well written and all but don’t do anything for me. I don’t like reading 2 books at once because it slows things down but the way I’m reading this thing, I probably won’t have it read until mid February. If that.

Tonight, or I should say later this afternoon, I go in for my afternoon commute for the 4 hour job thing. I need to work some serious afternoons as well this week for a special project I’m working on. Anyway, that’s all for now.

No comments: