Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Yeesh what a night overnight

Anyway it got so bad there I got Anne to call me an ambulance. I felt terrible. I was reeling, feeling things closing in around me. I began to feel a little better when they got here and asked Anne to turn them away. Before they left I was coherent enough and able to talk to someone on the phone that Anne handed to me but this was a $300 bill we could face if we went through with this all the way. I was feeling terrible and Anne said we should go to the medical clinic over here in Clairview. After about a 15 minute wait for the bus the #11 pulled right up to the parking lot of the medical center. There were several other people there most of them were parents with children. We waited there for about 2 hours before we finally got up to the intake window. Then another 2 hours before we finally were able to see a Doctor Fisher. A young Doctor. He was interested in the headache I had if it cameo suddenly or gradually. I said the latter. He shone a light in my eyes. The intake took my pulse which read 160/40 something. The Doctor said I might have had what he called a mini stroke or a TIA but the headache was gradual and not sudden. Or it could have just been a sudden migraine headache.

I’m fully coherent and I was while I was seeing the Doctor. My speech wasn’t slurred there were no other signs of a stroke. I thought it was food poisoning from the shepherds pie Anne had made but I was able to walk home under my own power. Once inside I felt a lot better. Anne wants me to have a couple of days off here and not to worry we’ll go to the bank.

Anyway it was quite a scare. We got into the apartment at 4am. I took my oatmeal and insulin. At the intake window they took a blood sugar level reading and I was 10.2 or something. I listened to a bit of Coast and was passed out by 4:30am.

I slept well in the morning and feeling better but these TIA’s have been known to return in some people. The good news is I have a couple of days off. Personally I think what I had was a migraine headache. I’ve never had one before so it was a new experience.

OK onto other things. Over there at Pat’s fantasy hotlist, they are talking about Neil Gaiman’s “Sandman” Omnibus. Now I haven‘t read any of Gaiman’s work yet but plan on getting to them soon. Also at Pat’s there are winners from the Carrie Vaughn book give-a-way contest. I didn’t win L

Over there at SF Signal they have a great video by Vernon Vinge talking about Superhuman intelligence. There is also a discussion about favourite Anime films of all Time. I’m not big on Anime not that there’s anything wrong with it.

Anyway tonight I’m home while Anne is at work. At 8pm there’s an Oiler’s/Vancouver game on TV I can watch. See if the Oiler’s can lose their 16th straight loss. Poor guys.

No comments: