Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year everyone!

Last night Anne and I rang in the New Year feeling pretty good. At this moment she's probably boarding the train after putting in a 5 hour shift. I had a great sleep over night. That red wine felt really good and I had no trouble passing out waking up at about 1:30pm this afternoon.

Yesterday afternoon at my bank I was able to talk to a teller to get some numbers to open up a Pay Pal account. Pay Pal has been around for a long time but I've never had any reason to take advantage of this service. So I'm going to try an experiment and order a book from Amazon.ca. If it's a decent experience then I might use Pay Pal more frequently for things like this.

So not much is going on this afternoon. I got a chance to look over the specs of my little Acer laptop I'm using right now to type this post on. The only problem I'm having with the laptop is I'm not able to download programs like Google Earth. Most likely this is due to the router I have blocking download activity. I can always link my modem directly of course with no trouble.


I mentioned to management yesterday just before leaving the office that I wont be on in on Saturday. I begin full time hours next week.

I think though next week I'll go in for the morning shift on a Tuesday instead of the Friday so Anne and I can go see Avatar if it's playing at the Empire down here. It's a bit of a walk but after that we can go over to the new Swiss Chalet for dinner or Boston. We could go for dinner first and then go to the 9:30pm show. It's a good 3 hour movie. might be something we could do as an outing together. First outing for the New Year. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments: