Sunday, January 17, 2010

Having a decent Sunday off

I barely got out the door shortly before 9 yesterday morning for my commute into work. I met little James at Tim’s and I bought my breakfast. Sure enough as we were walking towards the office there was Jattan running the room this morning with a key to the elevator. I sat up there by James and the other James from business. There was 3 of us. I had a slow start and that and answering machines was the theme for the day. I was at $120 including a $20 card by the noon break. All my sales were $20. Both James’s were running away with it total wise and credit cards. My only consolation was JT was only a little further ahead then me but in the 3rd part he got a $75 sale and a few large sales to get the bonus line hour. In 6 hours I couldn’t get $360. Best I could muster was $180 for the whole day and I bet JT $2 on the Oiler’s/SJ game. The Oiler’s played ok but SJ was by far the better team. I later learned that the Oiler’s lost 14/15 games. Pitiful. That’s consecutive losses.

I did manage to get a lot of cans and empties and at about 4:35pm I was deciding what to do as far as getting a bite to eat goes. BP’s looked good but last Saturday’s experience kind of soured me. I decided the can of pasta Anne had for me at home was the better deal. I got to the upper concourse at Corona station only to hear the train announcing in. I wasn’t going to make it so I headed back up to Tim’s and took a look at their sandwich menus. I got a small turkey bacon club/donut/diet Cola and enjoyed that. Very nice.

A brief wait latter and I headed home. It was almost Spring like out there. I got inside about 5:50pm and had the pasta and took my insulin. I had the hockey game on as I passed out for a bit waiting for Anne to come home

Anne gave me a sleeping pill for over night about 2:20am and we went to bed about 3 after I’d taken my insulin shot. I had no trouble sleeping after that and I woke up shortly after 1pm. Back in the day getting up past 11am on a Sunday morning was a “sin.” But I work 6 days a week.

Not much on my plate today. Mostly today is a reading day and my other project.

One thing I’m seriously looking at is the Archos 5 Internet tablet. Not the Media tablet. These Internet Tablets are just over half an inch thin. They can run over a wi-fi or 3G network. This means that Bell, Rogers, Telus will support them. I’m looking at the 160Gb version priced at $329. The screen size is about the size of an Ipod touch. The device not the screen size. The Archos 5 runs on the Android market place and has a Flash memory card slot as well. Nokia and others make these tablets but the Arcos 5 is the one I like. I’m thinking about getting this in June or even earlier. I’m not really into cell phones so I can see myself using this on my commute or when I’m out and about. I can Blog from this device, receive sports scores anything a smart phone can do except make phone calls and or take video. That’s the only thing missing from this device is a camera but taking video isn't that important to me.

Other then that not a lot going on. That’s all for now.

No comments: