Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Trying to work things out

Yesterday I got out of the house and missed my nice low floor bus that was waiting for me but I was out of breath as it was boarding passengers at ( I was running down the stairs and out to the street) my usual stop. I looked for another bus towards my left down 137th st behind the bus that was just pulling out and guess what was pulling up? You got it the old Jimmy. That’s when my left leg slightly cramped up on me as I was climbing those steps into the old clunker. I think the City puts these old buses in service just to piss off the public. It’s never at Clairview after 9:30pm when I‘m there. I’ll try and snag a picture of it this afternoon.

Anyway I got out of that old bus and onto the train and settled into read a bit but couldn’t get into the story so I put the book away in my bag and watched the world go by on the way into work. The “Station Point” infrastructure is coming along fine. The City yard warehouse frame is up. Just before Rexall Place the land there has these tall poles sticking out of the ground. I’ll try and snag a photo of that too.

I managed to grab my end dialer and went looking for Rob while he was doing some clean up work having a bit of a meeting with DC and Brendan. Super mentioned that he got my Victoria day stat pay fixed up with Rob. So I had a chat with Rob about work etc. It was relaxed. He confirmed my stat pay and then I asked about my vacation pay, so he emailed payroll and we’ll see what happens. Also the best part I talked with him about trading Saturdays for Sundays. I’ll have my Saturday offs off and that means no more getting up Saturday mornings. He said he’s good with that. I’m committed to go in for Sunday and that’s from 2-6pm. Some other things going on. We had the hockey game on and as soon as the first period was over the game got hijacked for the basketball playoffs. Subvere says “I’ll change it back for you. I respect you,” I let them watch the game anyway. Gord with his young good eyes sitting beside me was able to see the game from the other monitor 20 feet away or so behind me. The Pens won 2-1 and forced a game #7 and that’s Friday night. Bastards. They couldn’t wait when I’m off put it on a Saturday night for me could they?

I got my bag of empties and at the half called Anne to let her know of the good news. It might be even better news.

I don’t get what’s going on with my vacation pay. From last December 19th they claim I was overpaid. Then when I requested my vacation pay from last year last week they pay me $34? They say now there’s $16 and some change in there now. Since January there’s supposed to be based upon 6% of my gross pay vp accrued $314. So that means $314 from last December and another $280, I owed payroll almost $600? I never saw any overpayment increase in my cheques. They never gave me an explanation as to where the overpayment came out of. Income tax? Some other department? Yes I had bonus money last year to the tune of something like $1,200. To say I’m confused about all this is an understatement. I think they’re seeing bonus money as an overpayment because maybe part time are not qualified for bonus money. Only thy know and they’re not talking.

Anyway I had a decent start to the shift at about $515 by break and 1 $100 CC sale. That’s when I called Anne to let her know about my switch from Saturday to Sunday. Friday night I can stay up late without worrying about it Saturday morning. I don’t think my stat pay will be on this cheque but it will be on the next one. I hope. I also don’t think Rob has anything to do with my vacation pay being screwed up. I think it’s HO doing this on their own obviously. If and when they find where they went wrong, then they owe me about $600. And what’s to suggest that when I’m ready to take out a vacation pay draw in December that they won’t do this again? I bet if I didn’t have my vacation pay accrued this wouldn’t happen. If they do this again in December then I’m going to defiantly get out of the vp accrued business and have it back showing on my cheque each week. The thing that bothers me is that nobody else is experiencing this problem. It’s only the people that have had their vp accrued like me.

I got the last of the empties and I ended up with $875 for my daily total, which wasn’t bad. Then we got all the small taps. I confirmed with Super about me not in on Saturday “I will be missed,” yeah right. I was feeling happy leaving out after work while it was still light and mild out there. I had Anne on my cell phone and as I was just about on my way into Corona I realized I had forgot my knapsack. I worked my way all the way back huffing and puffing and fortunately for me the security guard was around and he let me up stairs and there was Super doing his paper work. I got my bag sitting on my chair and I was back on my way to Corona with Anne in my ear and I barely got the train as it was pulling in. of course with the extra 2 new stops South at the end of the line the new arrival time is about 9:25pm.

It feels good to have my Saturdays off. Actually what I’m going to do as of next week is work Wednesday Thursday and Friday, 1:30pm-9pm. This way I’ll have my cheque in the afternoon before 4:30pm and I’ll be up the street at my bank if I time it good enough and back before 5pm or a little after. Also, I might be able to drop off an envelope to the security desk in her building with the bank card inside and my pay stub. “For Anne.” That could work out as well. This way she gets the card and what’s left over after my “allowance” and I can head over to Audrey’s as usual to get my books and if I need to grab a burger at Burger King or something, that would work out as well.

This way with having Saturdays off after Anne leaves for work I can swing over to Happy Harbor and get in a couple of rounds of MTG. The #11 swings right by it. I’ll remember to bring my cell phone with me. Especially when I get the new I phone. Only if the Iphone can hold Viigo. If it can’t I’ll get the Storm or something.

Usually Anne’s out of here by the time I’m home on a Saturday as she starts her shift at 2pm so she’s out the door by 1pm. When She leaves. I’ll leave for HH. So I’ll put in Thursday and Friday afternoons. This way I’ll have 26.5 hours in. Next week I’ll have 32.5 hours in.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: