Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A day in the life, welcome to summer

Ebay has some interesting book collections up for sale. Since I missed out on the “Babylon 5” books when they came out (rats) and they were available at “Adventurer’s,” in the early 1990’s (my favorite game store) at the time. But I was too busy chasing after Mary. What a waste of time that was. Getting back to Ebay, I have never purchased anything online before but people in the office I work out of from 5-9 say Ebay is good. No problems. Same with Craig’s list and Amazon. So, the other day people were talking about these credit card gift cards they can be used anywhere, retail or online. No ID is needed. News to me (I don’t get out much) I think there is a small activation fee but I‘m not sure about this. When I get all these special order books at Audrey’s paid for I might buy a gift card and purchase something from Ebay. I’m looking at a “Buy it now” item of books. But this is going to be a summer experiment.

I had a slow night on the job last night but I got moved around twice. I had a good first hour doing CWF and a CC sale. I was at line hour then they moved me back over to taps and I slowed right down. I got a CC sale though. Then they pulled everyone off taps and shut taps down. Back over to CWF and I got another CC sale. I did $95 in CC sales. If they would have kept me at CWF then I would have had a lot more. But because during the week and they are pretty busy it’s hard to get a chance to hear what other people are saying: Greg listens to and records calls and I need to hear what others are saying so I can copy some of what they’re doing right and get rid of what I’m doing wrong. Super’s always encourages us to do this: “Nobody asks to listen to some calls.” I try but management is out or always busy. On Sunday, I’m going to ask Greg if I can listen to some of the past weeks calls not only on CWF but on taps. I need to get a selection of calls from different people to see how they’re doing it, what makes them successful at it. I’m I talking to fast (CWF) am I not saying the right things, are they saying the wrong things? Maybe they’re writing wood (fake sales) I don’t know. On CWF they want $65 line hour. Despite being moved around I did $210 but some of those sales were n taps but most of them were on semies or cold.

Anyways I got a nice bag full of empties and they’re getting harder and harder to get especially since the day staff from business are spilling over into family and taking the cans. But I’m there tomorrow and Friday and a few more days next week so when we’re on our break I‘ll be collecting. Previously while I was on taps last night Brandin and Super were talking about an Eskimo CFL game coming up. I thought I heard them say Saturday but the game is tonight. A year or so ago Nathan from our Lodge had a spare ticket and emailed the guys if anyone wanted to go with him. I think he still does have season tickets and had an extra one but I was working that night. So on the train ride home I was talking with him but he said he only has his and doesn’t have an extra. I’m not sure how much tickets cost. I haven’t been to an Eskimo game since 1988. So much for that idea. Having Saturdays off would have been great to go to a Saturday afternoon game.

I called Anne after I got off at Clairview and walking to my bus. I love this time of year when it’s still light outside at 9:45pm. I got inside and did some admin stuff and computer work and had supper and watched the news. After all that I ended up doing a lot of piano theory and that took me until about 3:30am and we were asleep by 4am but this staying up late is getting hard on us.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: