Friday, June 19, 2009

My evening started out good.

I headed out of here at 4pm and I felt good heading on into work. I'm heading towards the pharmacy and I noticed these 2 Edmonton Police squad cars parking in an unusual manner and for some reason I head into the lobby of the The Baker Center and the sliding side door to the mall area is losed. So much for getting my 6/49 ticket tonight. The security guard didn't even know or notice anything going on. Some security guard. Upstairs the guys are there greeting me with some more empties. Wanda wasn't there today. I mentioned to Gary as he was leaving about the new Iphone S coming out. he says he's on his way to go get it but the thing is, it's not availible until June 21st. I got Greg to give me my cheque and lo and behold everything on it was correct, even my $50 in bonuses.

So I'm collecting the empties and ready to settle in for a good evening. Super needs a looney for a pop and we find the vending machine company went and increased the prices to $1.25 but he also squared up with me for $5. It came out to roughly that with all the $1 here .50 cents there etc. At least I got $5 out of someone today. I didn't get such a good selection ofempties but I settled in and had a coffee and the calls came in steady enough but I just couldn't get a sale. About 6:30pm I finally managed to get a lousy $20. I can't figure out twhat the heck is wrong with me? At break, 7pm Brendin called a bunch of us over and had to send a lot of us home including yours truley.

I collected the rest of the empties and headed on out. I'll be back on monday if I havn't got anpther job by then. I'm considering trying out a couple of market reserch jobs. We'll see. I get paid a little more. One job I like is right across the street from where Anne works. If I get hired on I'm going to try for an afternoon shift until I can break into the job slowly. if it's good I'll consider working mornings only. I need a break from my present place of employment.

After work I met Brendin out in the back and nodded. No big deal tonight was just one of those nights. I worked my way through the parkade and over to Audrey's. I bought the Dragonlance book and the Jim Butcher book. Total package to me was $22.50. I felt good about that and headed across the street to wait a few minutes for my bus and headed up to the bank then a brief wait and I was home by 8pm. Anne doesn't need to know I got dissmissed early.


Anyway gang, that's afll for now

Jim

No comments: