Thursday, May 7, 2009

I've added a few social networking buttons

that I'm not all that comfortable with. I like the Twit This button and the Digg button but I'm not sure about the Buzz button. The thing is I need to have these buttons at the bottom of the page along side the Twit this! I'll figure it out somehow.

My wife Anne is quirky if anything. Her place of work last week reset her hours for this week and then they said she can make up for those missing hours by going in Monday for just 2 hours. So she goes in and takes care of that. Yesterday morning she has me getting her up at noon. Ok. I wake her and I'm about to ask what time she goes in for today but she's like half awake. She ends up leaving out of here at 2pm. About 2:15pm I'm getting a call from her thinking, uh oh, is she laid off? Did she lose her job? What gives? She told me that she wasn't scheduled to be in until around 4pm. She was mad at herself for going in 2 hours earlier then was needed. I could have had a nice lunch but I had to eat ravioli instead. When I got home from work she later told me all she did was ride the train from Clairview to South Campus a couple of times and that killed time for her. Me I'd have no problem with killing time. Give me 2 hours to read a book and I'd be happy.

I had a slow evening on the job last night. We did CBF and the taps were not very kind to me. I got zero CC sales and a measly $310 in sales. But its a Wednesday. Need I say more about that!

To say I'm a little nervous about my gig in the Lodge later this evening is putting it mildly. But we're going to have a bit of a practice session before we get underway. I'd be nice if the fellow ends up being a no show. Yeah like that's going to happen.

And I didn't win on my 6/49 draw yesterday either. I even bought a quick pick with no Extra added to it. Strange though, the Quick pick and my ticket both had the number 44 at the end.

Over there at SF Signal, they're talking about the Kindle DX. I don't know much about this device except the following: It is set for a Summer release, it looks huge, Price around $500 and its supposed to replace newspapers. Fat chance. But what about the Canadian market? Are we going to be shut out due to the US credit card thing, again? There is a work-around this for Canadian consumers but there shouldn't need to be.

Anyway gang, that's about all for now

e. Jim

No comments: