Saturday, May 9, 2009

Yikes!

it took me about 4o minutes and 3 attempts after a cold boot to get to this point. The first effort as I was making coffee , I got as far as the back up icon on my desktop and no processing of my Ram. I had to shut my PC off manually. I rebooted my PC again and this time my Ram couldn’t get my task bar fully loaded. Shut down. I tried again and everything came on and Ram is still processing and I’ve got accesses to this my word processor, so far so good.

Yesterday afternoon I locked everything up and headed for my bus stop and then to Clairview station. I was able to read a bit on the train in. I asked Greg if he could get my pay cheque but he said sure give him a minute and conveniently for got but Super was hanging about the area. Unusually early. I got to work on a several things. I asked Super for my cheque several times but as always I get the run around. At break the run-a-round again. He was playing games with me because I wasn’t in Thursday after saying Wednesday I wouldn’t be in because of Lodge. I had a slow night on the job. No CC sales at all. All we’ve got to work with is WCS, ASB and CBF and we’re calling the same people over and over. Occasionally we’ll throw AES in there but even then. And then we get these people that say for CBF for example, “I already sent my pledge in.” But according to our pay history, they gave in August of last year. They gave to something else that sounds similar and they still insist it’s the organization were calling on behalf of. That pisses me off the most. I don’t know how many $50’s, $35’s I lost because of that. But I collected a bunch of bottles and cans and about 10 minutes before the end of shift, I got my cheque. Everything was correct of course, no problem there.

I got out of there feeling alright even though best I could come up with on a slow Friday night is $220 and no CC sales. I almost got one but the customerCouldn’t find her card. I hurried across the street and headed over to Audrey’s to get myself a book. EMS vehicles had flashing lights on the corner by Audrey’s. Inside apparently someone had passed out. A senior. But I had about $13 with me and I picked up “Eberron-Sea of Death”

I headed out to my bus stop across the street by Tim’s and after a long wait my #5 came by. I probably had a chance to read but my bus could have snuck up on me at anytime and I wanted to get to my bank to cash my cheque. At my bank, there was a homeless guy curdled up in the foyer tucked away in the corner. I just wanted to get out of there with my cash and to the LRT below. With cans and bottles in my bag in tow I hurried to Central station and my 9:20pm train came by right on time. I was home by 9:45pm and ready to watch Smackdown and catch up on the NHL playoff scores.

Anne came in and made me some burritos and mexi fries. I watched ECW and went to bed and about a half hour later I was passed out. The alarm woke me up at my 6:40am and here I am.

This morning in an hour I’m off for my 10-2pm. Anne’s working from 2-midnight. They cut back their 2 am shift so they don’t have to give their late night staff a ride home. She still won’t get in until about 1am. I worry about here when she’s out after midnight like that. As for me after work I’m going home and if the Redimart is open I’ll get a 6/49 ticket a bag of chips at Rogers and home for a nap until 6pm, have a bite to eat and then watch the Chicago at Vancouver game. I think it’s game #5/7.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: