Thursday, May 28, 2009

This weekend could be a good one after all

headed into work a little early and got the empties on the evening side of the business section. Super wanted me to sit in the back. I was a little apprehensive. A few of the others from the front 20 joined us. Some of them were doing strictly sponsorships, others were doing ASB the right way. The first half went by and I got 0 sales. A real first for me. About 6:30pm Super pulled me off “Taps” and over to the CWF/magic show. I had no sales up to break. I got more empties and in the 2nd half I finally got my first sale. Then I sold a family price. I was at $65 around break. Then I got some more sales and a CC sale for a total of $165. I did better then even the back “tap” section. I felt a lot better about doing my job. They sent a lot of people home because they weren’t trying. They weren’t sending people home that were putting in an effort and trying. Even though the first half sucked I rallied in the 2nd half and did a lot better. Imagine if I did the CWF in the first half. I would have been a lot further ahead.

I called Anne walking across the street and through the parkade to Corona and had a 10 minute wait for my train while I read and read some more on the way home. I read a good 10 pages from ICB. I’m really enjoying this.

I fired up the computer when I got in and saw an email from one of my Lodge officers. Dan was asking me about an old phone number and if I was coming out to the Lodge BBQ. Anne said she’d like to come along. It’s $5 for a steak or chicken breast and I replied saying that we’d each like a steak. The rest is pot luck. It starts Sunday at about 2pm. Anne has too work Sunday night from 8-midnight, and I have game #1 of the Detroit/Pens game on at 6pm Saturday night then again on Sunday night. So hopefully we’ll be all but done by 5-7pm. I don’t mind if I miss a little of it.

Basically it’s work tomorrow night, get my paycheque rush up to my bank and do my banking and home to watch Smackdown. Then Saturday I’m at work 10-2pm and over for my Saturday book buying thing at Audrey’s. After work I’m going to try and make it over to Happy Harbor comics to check out a game of “Magic the Gathering” in progress if they have one in progress that is and check out the store. If I get that far, it’s have a nap and watch game #1. Then Sunday it’s off to the lodge annual BBQ and have fun with that and maybe watch what’s left of game #2.

Of course I’ll be blogging Saturday morning etc reading more out of ICB. This weekend promises to be a busy weekend. I’m going to try and get a ride from George Sunday to the Lodge BBQ.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: