Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's been an interesting week, sort of

Alright I decided to cut a lot out of the Blog post some of you might have seen me rant earlier. I’m grateful for the delete key. Some people liked the post.


I had a pretty good night on the job yesterday.

Anyway getting back to last night on the way home I was able to finish reading “The blood red harp,” by Elaine Cunningham. Here’s my “review” as it were:

Synopsis: A necromancer wants to know why a dark elf vampire is looking for a blood red harp. The necromancer has the harp but he needs a bard to uncover its secrets. Our elf heroine tends to exaggerate the telling of tales and the necromancer puts a curse on our heroine so she can learn to play the harp/tales properly.

Pros: The authors use of language against a backdrop of fantasy lends credibility and realism to this superb story. The scenes are rich with characterization sprinkled in with a generous amount of world building still leave me with an aftertaste wanting for more.
Cons: None that I can think of.

Bottom line: I enjoyed this book and Elaine Cunninghams use of language made a game franchise novel worth reading. The author clearly put a lot of effort into this ambitious novel. I highly recommend any reader of fantasy turn to the works of Elaine Cunningham. The future of this genre is in excellent hands. I just wish there was a sequel. I wrote to the authors LJ Blog and she responded back with this. Elaine Cunningham’s “The Blood red harp,” made this reader an instant fan of her writing.

My Rating: I give “The Blood ed harp” 9.5 e. Jim’s out of 10.
Now it’s off to read James P Hogan’s “The legend that was earth.”

I had a good shift earlier today and I got 4 CC sales. Not that they do me any good. I’m glad I’m home

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: