Sunday, May 31, 2009

It was nice to get outof the apartment this afternoon

About 10:30am this morning Pledges scrambles up over my face nearly taking out my left eye. It was hard to sleep after that so I got up to read more out of ICB. I tried having a cat nap after that but that never amounted to anything. I got up at noon to read and to fix a coffee. Nathan and his wife would be here at about 1:15pm. I went to wait out side about 1:10pm. Anne came down saying Nathan is tied up in traffic along the

Yellowhead. She brought the desert down and our bag of stuff like pop and that sort of thing. Sure enough Nathan came by but without his wife and daughter. He’d get them later. That was a long drive out to the Shrine club and we looked around. Dale showed up and others as well. It was nice. Anne was a bit board because she didn’t know anyone. We explored the building a bit. Very nice. I had a beer and a great steak. I should have had a larger one. We were talking with John and his wife about possibly joining The Eastern Star, (Star). Anne likes the idea. They meet twice a month. First meeting is business and the 2nd meeting is entertainment like card games that sort of thing. Most of the members are of Star are people our age. I didn’t et very much but I enjoyed the fellowship. John called one of the Star people out of Highlands on our behalf saying he’d sponsor us. I have his phone number and I’ll call tomorrow night. Anne’s up for it. Dues are only $35/year. Anne and I need to get out more anyway.

Nathan drove us back home with his wife and daughter. She’s 3 years old. I brought my camera along to take pictures but who wants to see a bunch of people sitting around eating? Our last Lodge meeting until we break for the Summer will be this Thursday and it’s just going to be a regular night. No balloting, nothing. Anne made me a nice chicken KFC bun type thing and fries and then she headed out for her 8pm-midnight job. I want to go in for tomorrow for 1:30pm-9pm but Anne talked me out of it. I’ll go Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday instead.

So while Anne went to work I stayed home and watched the Detroit Red Wings take on the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Pens got the first goal but there after it was almost a repeat of last nights game. Detroit is such a good team. I don’t think Crosby and his gang can hold them back. If Detroit wins this series and there’s a good chance they will, then this will be their 12th Stanley Cup. This will be their 3rd in the last 9 years.

I’m slowly trying to weed out a lot of the Vampire links in my list of links page. Nothing wrong with Vampire stores but that’s not the focus of this blog. This Blog is Mainly about science fiction/fantasy and how it impacts upon my life. I like Gothic horror as well but I read it a couple of times a week.

From the “Oh brother” files-it seems that the people that brought us the “Aliens” movie franchise wants to get in on the prequel bandwagon like Star Trek did this summer. According to SF Signal Aliens wants to get into the prequel game as well. I thought the whole franchise was boring and deserved to be put in the “Backburner” files along with Buckaroo banzai.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: