Sunday, May 31, 2009

Today is our annual Lodge BBQ and this is a first time for me in an outing with the Lodge away from the Lodge with my lovely wife.

I’m writing this at about 10:30pm so this will be fore Sunday. As soon as I get inside I get a call from Anne, then again at 6pm and around 8:30pm and I’m making calls, trying to get a ride to the Lodge BBQ. Nathan is picking us up at 1:15pm. Should be a good time. I’m going to have a a steak and some pot luck and a couple of beers. We should be home about 6:30pm ish. Anne works at 8pm so I’ll have a few hours to myself when she leaves.

I didn’t win on tonight’s 6/49 draw but I got 1 number right out of 6 and nothing on the Extra as well. They didn’t post any winners for the draw this evening either.

This week I hope to have my stat pay on my next cheque and my vacation pay. If HO Doesn’t come up with another excuse as to why they aren’t going to release my vacation pay. Anne and I are curios what if anything they’ll come up with this time on Friday. But I laid down the law to Anne saying that I’m in the office Monday afternoon. If Rob wants me to work, I will and I’m going to try like hell to put 34.5 hours in. That and my vacation and stat pay will be pretty good. That should be almost double my paycheque if they don’t screw me over.

I’m seriously looking at the ITC Magic touch phone. It’s not as big as an I phone but apparently has more Apps then an I phone. The data plan is 500mb for $25/month on a 3 year contract. However the “Revolution” is coming soon in a few days. I prefer the virtual keyboard then the sliding one.

Game #1 of the Detroit/Pens game is in the bank. It wasn‘t bad. The way the Wings are playing looks like they’ll have this thing wrapped up in 5.

I’m in Tim’s this morning trying to get my breakfast. They being a little slow this morning. A nice young gal asks me if I’m waiting? Kind of sort of. I’ve never seen her before and that was that. Then in Audrey’s as she’s helping Russell with the desk computer she mentioned me by name. Does she know me from somewhere? People (why I have no clue) read my dribble here in the City. I’ve got about 8-10 people following me on Twitter. Like I mentioned this to Markus, this is not content for the masses but if you get some “value” from reading this, great. All part of my banal life as a science fiction fan and wanabe writer carving out a meager existence here in the big city.

Has anyone else around here in Edmonton noticed how dry it’s been lately or is it just me? I’m originally from the lower (here since 1978) mainland Vancouver area where we get 155mm (about 6 inches) of rain in a single weekend. We’re lucky if we get that all year.
Anne wanted me to put that chicken in the over at 9:30pm. So far it’s been

Sitting there for over an hour now. She got off work at 10pm and she most likely has been off the Clairview train about by 10:30pm. I don’t know I hope she’s timing all of this well.

I Haven’t been to a good old family picnic/BBQ in years so this should be kind of nice. I hope they have some beer. I could use a cold beer about now. We’re going to be up about noon ish or so. It’s going to be an all afternoon event and I don’t know what to expect since this is my first ever Lodge BBQ.

For a site billing itself as Sci-fi guy.ca, it sure has been focusing a lot on Urban fantasy lately. Sci-fi chick at least tries to put some emphases on
Sci-fi.

My favorite website to go to is of course SF Signal. They don’t talk about Urban Fantasy. At least not much. I also like Pat’s Fantasy hotlist. I go there a lot too. Today pat’s been talking about a new book Blood of Ambrose by James Enge. It looks like a pretty good medieval fantasy and possibly a trilogy. However my fav fantasy writer of all time is RA Salvatore. You Can’t go wrong with a Salvatore novel.

One thing I’m going to do as soon as I have a few weeks of 34.5 hours in under my belt, is hit Rob up for a raise. After all I’ll be putting in the same hours as Dave and I’m just as good as anyone else doing taps (consider what we have to work with that is.) After I get that raise I’m going to insist on having Saturday’s off. I hope to have this established by the end of June.

One thing I’ve been wanting to get is one of those Google Followers widgets for my website, I put one together for my Blogger. I don’t expect this to work over night or anything.

Anyway gang, that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: