Saturday, February 21, 2009

Work, weekends and stuff

My wife left out of here at about 1:30pm yesterday and for a few hours I had the place to myself until I shut things down and locked up. I was able to play a bit of Oblivion, gaining a level and having some fun with that. Weather wise it was nice going in and I read a bit of “Logos run” on my way into the office. Brad Paisley at Rexall place last night. Inside, Rob was there (the boss) with other employees and Rob looked at me, “You know, if it wasn’t for the lack of you not getting CC sales, you’d be the perfect employee.” That was a very nice compliment. Made my night. I sat with JT and some new people at the back and JT and I had a nice talk as it was a slow evening. DC and I bet double or nothing on the Oiler/Flames game happening latter tonight. I’m looking forward to this. I was mulling over the possibility of getting a bite to eat at Burger King across the street on the way home. About the Oiler game tonight, it’s on home ice. Should be a good one. I ended up being 2nd from the top total with the new kid beating me by $25 but I’d been there all week and beating this CFK campaign up for along time. I got a $100 CC sale which was a nice bone they tossed me. I discovered that I lost my reading glasses as well which kind of upset me. The only casualty on the day.

I also collected a huge amount of bottles and cans when I left out of the office. It was off over to Audrey’s with my empties. When I got to Audrey’s they had a crowd of people milling about. A couple of poets had a book signing. Trevor said none of my orders came in. There were a lot of new SFF books to choose from. Most of them were in Trade paperback. I settled on “Space Vulture,” Gary K. Wolf and Archbishop John J Myers. Looks like it’s going to be a fun read. It’s even got a nice kudos from Stan Lee on the cover. I paid and left with my purchase and my train came by with a few minutes wait. I read a bit on the way to Clairview and decided to walk over to Burger King but they were closed. At 9pm on a Friday night? But one car was in the drive through and the counter clerk when the car left let me order a chicken sandwich and fries. That was my lunch for the night. Next time and I’m not in a hurry I’m going to take the #2 bus home and get off on 50th street and get a Wendy’s something.

After I was inside our place I stashed the cans away and hung up my coat, cleaned up, had my snack and watched some of Smackdown. I enjoyed my snack and Smackdown wasn’t too bad. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate it maybe a 6 surfing back between the local news and wrestling. My lunch was good. I watched some news and Anne was just coming in at 11:30pm. No need to make me any dinner. I watched the last of the news and then went to bed.

I had a good hour or so sleep and maybe 2-3 hours of rest but by 5:30am I needed to get up and play some Oblivion for an hour and then go back for a nap. I was able to join the “Fighters Guild” and get a contract to wipe out some rats in a house. After dispatching the rats in the basement I went back to the guild and got rewarded to “Apprentice.”

I don’t know if I want to go out to the West end this afternoon with Chris. I’m going to be feeling too wiped out and I want a good nap and some more Oblivion game time in before my Oiler game. The other NHL game I’m “watching” is Toronto/Vancouver. All I can say is “Lets go Leafs!” Anne said she has a plate of something in the fridge for me to nuke up. Just as well since my cash flow is dwindling. I’ve got to pick up another pair of reading glasses anyway from the dollar store across the street.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: