Monday, February 16, 2009

Family day long weekend here in Canada

I had fun going over Facebook and Twitter earlier but after that half mile walk, I needed a nap. Anne was out shopping and bought some CFL light bulbs. The ones that last 9 years or so saeth on the box and should save us a lot on our monthly utility bill. We’ll see the real differences next month when the bill comes out. Hopefully we can cut it down to about half.

After fooling around on Facebook, Anne called me in for supper: Baby back ribs and her foiled potatoes. The ribs were excellent. And now I get a couple of hours to do my thing before bed. Incidentally, I’m enjoying these CFL light bulbs. We’re doing our bit to help the environment. Everything is so much cleaner and brighter in here now.

Tonight, we’ll most likely be in bed by around 4am and I’ll be up around noon. Because we have these nice fluorescent lights it’s easier to read and I can read the Sunday Sun morning paper now. I used to like doing that. About 7:30pm tonight it’s the Oiler’s at Phoenix and after that it’s Monday night Raw. That, and I’m going to try and walk my mile, get some more reading done, piano practice and maybe even get some writing done as well…………3:50pm> We went to bed at our usual time but I had trouble sleeping. I was itchy and scratching all over, rolling around back and forth in bed. For about 2 hours I did this. I just couldn’t sleep. it was awful. About 6:30am or so I got up to read a bit out of my book. I felt drowsy and tried again. It was a bit better but this time less itchy-scratchy. No, not the Simpson’s. This doesn’t happen very often.

I finally got some sleep after about 9am and woke up about noon and decided I need another hour. It’s my day off after all right? From there I got some additional sleep and woke up around 2pm. I’m for ok now but this cold is still in my system. I'm not over the worst part of it yet. When I got up Anne had gone out shopping. She mentioned she was going out to the veggie mart.

Well gang the weather out there is cold here in the big city. We’re currently sitting at -13C/-19C wind chill. In other words, it’s cold out there folks. The long range though for next weekend looks promising as it’s supposed to warm up.

When I get over this cold I’m going to start my mile/day goal. When I did that half mile yesterday, I could really feel it working. My legs got stronger. This weakness of my legs really surprises me because I used to do a lot of walking before I got married. But I don’t get a lot of exercise these days and it’s taking it’s toll on me. Being diabetic doesn’t help much either.

Speaking about exercise and all, now don’t quote me on this but I read that because of the new Harper budget people that join health spas and clubs hee in Canada get a rebate. It’s the Feds way of trying to combat obesity. Makes sense because it would save in the long run a lot of money on the health care system. I like this. I think the idea is you join a health spa/club first and then when it comes time to file your taxes you can claim that as an expense. Same with a new computer as well. I need to talk to my tax guy about this just to confirm.

Speaking about Facebook, my friend Dennis Hurd (see his Blog in my links section) wrote on my wall that I can import these blog entries as a note/link on my Facebook wall so it would show up automatically under my RSS feed. I’m not sure how to go about doing this. I’m looking around kicking the tires. Basically I’d like just a few lines and a link to “read more?” type thing. I’ll figure it out.

And finally Anne came home with her stuff and is now getting me chips at the dollar store across the street. That’s to munch on for my hockey game/wrestling tonight. I’ll get the fallout from yesterday’s big pay per view show and the elimination chamber. Too scary kids.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: