Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Uggh

I had a brief wait for my bus and there were a crowd of kids loitering around at the front. I just elbowed my way through. Nobody said anything. I was able to read on the way into work and I got there just as the afternoon shift was leaving. Again it was a full house. The early hockey game was SJ/Boston, in home jerseys. I ended up with $265 by the end of the first half and 1 CC sale. I collected a lot of cans and bottles as well and called Anne and said hello. Super asked me and Chris if we wanted to go in the back and do ASRAB. Good stuff. $20 for most bumps and $10 for most CC sales. I got the $20 and Chris got the $10. Also, my total was $868 for the night. I had a great evening and I got a $100 sale from a bump (increase) I left out of there with a bunch of bottles and cans feeling pretty good about the night I had.

When Chris and I were sitting in the back there doing ASRAB in the 2nd half of the job last night I asked him (if he’s in on Saturday) if he wouldn’t mind giving me a lift out to Fergeson’s. He knows where the Harvey’s is out there on 118th Ave. I used to stop in there after buying my Christian Ska CD’s in the mid 1990’s. I discovered Ska while I was a flirting with Christianity there when my father passed away 1996. Fergeson’s is about a block West of Harvey’s. This afternoon, I’m going to call Fergeson’s from the office, after I’ve gathered all my bottles and cans and get some more info on buying back the instrument your using. You need to take it home to practice. I want to find out how that works. But the other reason why I’m going out to Fergeson’s is to take a look at their Alto Saxophones. I Haven’t given up on the piano and I might still take lessons. I’ve been reading testimonials from people saying their fathers/uncles, brothers etc have taken up the sax at the age of 55 68 etc. I’ve been hearing phrases like, “It’s never to late,” “Age is not a requirement to play,” etc. Since Ska has always been one of my favorite musical genres I’d like to learn how to play. Of course this is depending on if I can actually play this thing and get some early encouragement. I can’t play guitar because arthritis has taken it’s toll on my fingers. Piano I can do and I know how to read a bit of sheet music. The only problem with Sax for me is living in an apartment but there are mute bags and I’ve been reading that they are quite good and cut down up to 70% of the external noise. Apparently they are pricy as well but I want to check into all these things at when I call this afternoon and when I go out there to Fergeson’s on Saturday. I mean if Chris is in on Saturday that is. But if for some reason I’m having difficulty with the Sax, I’ll switch back to piano instead.

It was a crowded LRT heading home and I read for a bit. After dinner and the local news and Anne had watched her stuff and I was donng my blog rounds, she was cleaning up “Hamsterland” as she calls it with her 2 new female Hamsters I settled into playing Oblivion. Sure enough the alcove one of many adorning the room revealed a darkened entrance into a tunnel of unexplored territory. I was in the sewers battling Goblins and rats. I found some gold and a few more doors I could have explored but I was itching to get “outside.” The key was useful to get into the sewers and ahead what looked like a long tunnel and light at the end. Anne sat with me to watch as we headed outside to a night sky. Of course every new area, I’m saving away as I go. I even got into the Imperial Palace where there are a lot of people to talk with lots of shops and things to do. I found a ship, horses to ride and buy but couldn’t afford. The Imperial Palace is a huge place unto itself. I could have gone on for hours exploring but at 4am it was getting late and as we were lying in bed Anne had got up to use the bathroom and looked out the window and saw a familiar shape out there in the cold.

“Boot’s is coming in.” She put some things on and five minutes later we have him back inside. After Boots was settled a finale cat roll call, we were in bed listening to the last of Coast.
I got up shortly after noon today to catch the markets graphic. Everything was up, just a little but that was up from yesterday’s huge losses on the DJIA, etc. Even Walmart and Nike are feeling the pinch it seems but Walmart is restructuring closing some stores and opening others.

Weather wise, it’s changing here over the next 4 days. It’s a smaller cold snap. Nothing like -20C or anything. Saturday will be the coldest it being -18C and a wind chill. After next Monday it’s going to warm up to what around the -5C average we’ve been getting. I don’t mind the -18C stuff. This time of year weather like this will only be for a few days at a time.

Still reading “Logos Run.” Very enjoyable but it’s going to take me the rest of the month to finish it. If I were to give the book a rating now, at page 67, I’d give it 10/10 e. Jim’s. I’m having fun with it.

Anyway, other then that, things are going well. Tonight it’s into the job thing. Most likely it’s CPA the first half and then hopefully ASRAB in the 2nd. Management is opening up more of the back area near business. There’s about 10 stations there that are not getting used in the evenings that for just a few are. When times are tough the locals flock to my company. Half a dozen are being tossed into the revolving door like so much cannon fodder at least once a week now. If that was me, I wouldn’t have survived the cut each week.

Anyway, Bloggers that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: