Thursday, February 19, 2009

Its a mid week thang

After shutting everything down here and locking up I had a brief wait for my bus. At Clairview station I bought a 6/49 lotto ticket for the big $39M draw. I picked out my numbers and got a bottle of diet Coke. I read about 6 pages of “Logos run” on the way into work. I got my dialer but Super opened up the overflow of 4 stations. We can open up about 30 more stations if we need to. I gathered up a lot of bottles and cans. About 20 of them, so that’s another $2.00 right there. Or about $12 bucks/week. Also JT didn’t think S from Vancouver is going to do another evaluation. JT’s pretty good with things like that. I had a slow start but it picked up. By 7pm All I had was just under $300 but out of about 20 of us tap shooters nobody was running away with this. Maybe 4 had anything over $350. I did a lot better in the 2nd half and chalked my slow evening to a Wednesday and I had 4 CC sales as well.

I felt pretty good leaving with my booty of bottles and cans. I cracked open my book as the Clairview train was slow coming in. I think I got another 6 pages of reading on the way home. When I got off the bus out back here I took a look around for Boots. Calling his name but nobody answered. I kept calling for him watching my step on the snow and ice. It wasn’t that bad out there weather and walking. I think it was -7C and no wind chill. Winds were calm so I walked out back by the garbage bins and along the parking lot. No luck. No sooner had I got inside there was Anne calling. We had a nice talk. We think what happened to Boots was he came by looking for Anne and the building security guard scooped him up and took him to the SPCA. I’m going to suggest that she call our local branch to confirm. He might be in some cage somewhere waiting to be put down. The other scenario is we think he wandered to far a field got lost and froze to death. But you never know he’s been gone several times like this before and we’ve always found him but never for this long. I’ve got my office window open and I can stick my head out and every 10-30 minutes or so I call his name hoping to hear from him. I figure if he’s not found by Sunday night we can expect the worst. I feel bad for the little guy. He scratched me a few times but that’s not his fault.

I managed to open a can of stew for supper and I’m just waiting for Anne to come home. I don’t like her being out this late at night. She should be alright though. She usually walks home or takes the bus from Clairview station.

Yesterday I had a nice entry all ready to post but I got a bit distracted. I’m still working on importing this blog automatically over to Facebook. Dennis does it all the time. I’ll figure it out. I like Facebook. It helped me find my family or rather they found me. It’s nice to see they are all Facebook users.

I located Alfred but he’s not via Facebook. I still need to locate Dave but at the moment I’m having some Internet difficulty. It happens from time to time. JT said he switched from Satellite over to Telus. It’s not that I’m not happy with Shaw, they do a great job but I’ve been using the same modem here now for almost 10 years now and it‘s falling apart. Shaw offered to get me over to that “Shaw boost” but if “The Grid” ever gets online, why bother…….1:20pm> My wife finally came home. She was at Walmart doing some shopping and bought me some Cheese Pleasers. Her way of saying sorry for being late. But she came in just as I had Oblivion on fired up and ready to go. I played for about an hour then after shutting it down I did some Facebook and JFK assassination research stuff. By this time I was getting all played out and I kissed my wife goodnight and went on in ahead of her into bed listening to a bit of Coast.

Now I woke about 6:30am needing to pee and the first thing I noticed was my office door closed. I smiled “Boot’s is back.” Anne mumbled how he was all smelly and dirty but she powdered him down so he’s nice and tolerable. Good stuff. We were getting worried there for awhile for reasons above.

I had a hard time getting back to sleep. I tossed and turned for awhile so about 9:30am this morning I got up to play some more Oblivion for an hour.

I was pretty well wiped out after that. Even then sleep was hard to come by, like gold in Oblivion. I’m still level 1. I’m getting used to the lay of the land, discovering tombs and caves. Stuff like that. I decided I’d try and go back to bed get a few hours sleep but no such luck. I got up at noon and dozed on the couch with the local noon news on. There was Obama heading up to parliament hill. Snore. There’s the markets. Oil is climbing back up. Snore. I woke up just as some soap opera was in progress fired up the computer, made my first coffee and so here I am.

I did a bit more reading on “Logos run” and I’m at last just over the halfway part of the book. This is good stuff gang. I hope Dietz does another one with this same characters. The writing is outstanding and I’m having fun with this book. He should turn this into a role playing game it’s that good. Even though Hollywood sucks with lame TV who needs TV when you have great books like this?

Tonight it’s off to the job, Hopefully I’ll be able to get my cheque early grab my dialer maybe even watch a little Oiler’s at Dallas hockey game on tonight in between calls. Should be a good game. I’ll put my 4 hours in run out of there to catch my bus and head on up to my bank, cash my cheque and head home to catch the game highlights. Basically that’s all I’ve got going on for today.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: