Saturday, November 29, 2008

A rough couple of days

I met up with M on the way in the elevator and he wasn’t much interested in talking with me. “Grab a dialer if your working. I’ll talk with you later,” is all he would muster. Ok. At kick-off he asked me to wait for him in the back. I got that signal mixed up. He meant computer room. He left me hanging there for awhile and came back and towered over me giving me a lecture about disrespecting him etc. I came close to getting fired. I wont go into the details suffice to say M and I are not on any terms these days and for the foreseeable future. I hope to be in that new job within the “foreseeable future.” I got my dialer and went back to work doing CRF in the tap section. We had a few taps. I had a decent total by break with about $195, then we all got moved over to the front 20 and I had a $100 sale but no CC’s. Only 4 this week. At one point M shut my system down wanting me to listen to one of my recordings for a technical issue for “not doing my job properly.” Put it this way, the job isn’t fun anymore since we began to do CRF. I suspect we’ll be doing much the same today as we did last night.

I was glad to get out of the office at 8:30pm and out onto the street. It was mild heading over to Audrey’s and I made my regards with Trevor. I picked up one of the last special order desk Warhammer 40K Omnibus novels at American pricing. I’ve got FF #2 there for me, the last of my US pricing books. I got a bus up to my bank did my banking and a brief wait for my train. Feeling better about what went down earlier. I suppose M talked about this with Rob because he would need to explain why he shut me down yesterday at 6:30pm. M most likely said to Rob that he would handle it.

Weather wise it was even raining lightly last night. I got home and breathed a sigh of relief I wasn’t fired. That was a close one.

The other thing is Thursday when I called Ms they said my testing score on my simulation was low but the good news is they don’t want to give up on me. F wants to send me another simulation that I can do on my own time and work towards getting a better score. I can work on my own time and get ready for the training course that starts in January. I’m under some stress at my current job and I’d like to get out of it asap. On my terms.

Not much going on today. Except the job thing. All I want to do is to get that over and done with and home. I watched my Smackdown and ECW but acquired a bit of a toothache while watching my show. Anne came in late. She had a busy night at Pizza. We had a late supper and I was in bed by about 1:15am or so with my toothache and all. Anne gave me something but it wasn’t as good as Advil. Tylenol 3 is better but that’s a 2 hour wait in the midi center and a Doctors prescription. I got about 3 hours sleep overnight. I could have slept in until 11am. My toothache is still lingering about but it’s not as bad as it was last night.

This afternoon it’s the Oiler’s playing in St. Louis. Starts at noon. Then there’s another game Sunday in Dallas at 4pm. Anne didn’t know this but she suggested if I didn’t want to go out with them for dinner I didn’t have to go. With the game on TV it’s tempting to stay home. Hopefully her flight will be here around 1pm. We’ll have dinner and I could be home around 4pm not missing much of the game. If it wasn’t for my bonehead mistake Thursday night with M I would have taken today off. We’ll be able to watch the first part of the Oiler game at noon, maybe. I might get home in time to get the last of the 3rd period.

FF #1 is turning out to be, interestinghad a feeling of much anxiety leaving out of here at 4pm for work. All kinds of things were playing out in my head. I couldn’t even read FF on the train. I met Shank out front and he said Rob wasn’t there. Really? Ok. I mentioned about the incident with Greg and nothing much was said beyond that. I get Greg to give me my pay cheque. He did. I went downstairs to get some “cheese pleasers.” Two bags for Smackdown.

This evening, I’m going to learn how to play the rest of “When the Saints go marching in.” Maybe do some writing and play out a quiet evening.

Anyway Bloggers, that‘s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: