Friday, November 14, 2008

Not much going on

over the last few days.

Anne's sister called said she's flying out of Winnipeg to meet with work coleeges here and to visit for a few hours with her sister, my wife. They plan on meeting for coffee at the Corona Tim's around 8pm.

I got out there at 4pm for my bus to my train and my train ride into work. Man was the wind blowing. I decided to go right to the end of the line and read. I read about 5 pages.

Work went well. I had about $300 raised by break on my tally sheet and I got a CC sale as well. The Oiler's were off to a good start hosting Toronto. We got our cheques and I had another decent shift for November pulling in $805 on the night. The Oiler's were down 4-2 late in the 2nd when Moe shut us down. I could feel my bsl dropping and the shakes coming on. I asked DC if he had some change I could borrow (he owes me a buck) for a candy bar or something but he only had bills. But fortunately there was a box of his Tim's tidbits with 4 donuts he offered me, which I wolfed down. That felt better. I didn't receive any bonus money tonight but I was a bit Po'd by the size of my cheque. No one to blame but me I guess. I want to give Greg $10 for the cable and I owe Moe $20 and all I get is $20/week and I have books waiting for me at Audrey's. I have responsibilities here and to my wife and I realize this but something has to give.

Since I usually take my insulin shots about 12 hours apart, I thought I'd need to keep it in the fridge at work all the time if I'm working extra hours. Or plan to. I realize that if I take my shot at say noon here at home before I go to work for an extra shift I can take it again when I come home, no need to transport my insulin anywhere. I don't need to store my insulin at work anymore. I'd still need to monitor my bsl and I can bring my glucometer along with me. This way I can put in a few extra afternoons. I don't care about the paper balls anymore.

I hurried out to my bus adjacent to Tim's on Jasper looking for Anne and her sister through Tim's street level windows but my bus was fast approaching. I did my banking and caught the train home. It was still windy out there. Out behind our place Boots was no where to be seen. I went inside to catch the last if any of the Oiler game. Oiler's lost 4-2.

It also occurred to me that because I take my insulin 12 hours apart, if I took a shot here at around 8am before I leave and then take it when I come home about 9:40pm, that might be OK enough to take the Manpower services job. That is if their client still needs 50 positions filled. I'll call Ms later this morning to see if I can set up an interview. I need to realize also that if Ms hires me on to do the training it's only for 3 weeks. Then I can work 12-9 and have my Saturdays off. Thursday Lodge meetings I can sub for Saturday.

Anyway Bloggers that's all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: