Friday, November 7, 2008

Strange week

Four degrees out there. But it’s seasonal. In Winnipeg they received their first snowfall. The Eskimo’s last game could be in Winnipeg tomorrow and the weather might work against them. If they win tomorrow they get to play another day. So far we haven’t had any snow, yet but it’s coming.

Today it’s off to work as I’ll be out of here at my usual 4pm time. Friday’s shift is from 5-8:30pm. I might just go into Audrey’s early and get my book at 4:30pm and head into the office. Hopefully M will have the referral card for me. If she does then, I’ll fill it out and wait for a call. I’ll give them Anne’s cell phone number, so if they call back during the day I can return the call from our land line. If they call say on Saturday when I’m at work, I can call right after work using the cell phone. I need to know from M though, if there is a test of some kind before they hire. And or if there’s a typing speed factor. If no to the above, then great. When can I come in for an interview? (when and if they call of course.)

After work it’s up to my bank to do my banking then hurry home to feed Boots and to watch Smackdown. And that’s going to be about it for me today.

I didn’t get out to the Lodge last night. I was chatting with Neil and he said he couldn’t make it. I thought of what to do and looked for when and if the Oiler’s/Penguins game was on. It’s underway. I called Nathan, saying I wouldn’t be in. I needed a night off anyway even though Pittsburgh was up 2-0 at the end of the first. Anne was right there having her supper and said “good stay home.” I could have gone with Nathan. She wanted to use my last $10 for something to save herself some running around. I agreed. I wasn’t really required to be there but as long as the job knew I was off anyway, why not? So I watched the Oiler’s at Pittsburgh down 4-0. The officiating in this game was going from bad to worse. They pulled Garon and in comes the back up goaltender. Late in the 1st the Oiler’s scored. Bringing it 4-1. The Pen’s scored again. It was 5-1. Then the Oiler’s scored 3 unanswered goals and even got a short handed goal. The outcome was 5-4 Pittsburgh. It was a pretty good game in the 3rd. Too little to late. The Oiler’s play Sunday. in NJ and that’s a 5:30pm game. Despite the Oiler’s losing, I’m glad I stayed home.

Speaking of Masonry and local going’s on, we’ve had this shooting here in Edmonton late last month. More closer to home just a few blocks from us up by the Walmart. A senior was killed. According to Neil the guy was active in one of the Lodges here in the City. Neil knew him quite well. Then the other day a woman in her own basement level apartment was lying on the couch watching TV when a shot went through the window and hit her. Apparently it was a random act and the woman is in critical yet stable condition. Edmonton is a rough town folks but it’s always been that way.

Anyway Bloggers that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: