Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally the

US election is over. President elect Obama. I actually like the guy but is Obama going to be good for Alberta? Now we’ll see what he can do in his first term. At the moment everyone loves Obama, give him another year after the honeymoon is over and it‘ll be back to business as usual. At least Bush kept things, um- “interesting” and he was fun to pick on. I think Obama is going to be one of those “quiet” Presidents like Ford or Carter. This is just my gut feeling but I don't think he's going to make a lot of noise. He did that by virture of being elected. I’d like to see it happening but I don’t think Obama will get a 2nd term. I think some of the things Obama might accomplish will be to end the war in Iraq but I don't see that happening until (and if ) he gets a 2nd term, I think he'll take credit for "fixing" the economy. He might pass some tame legislation, pave the way for alternative fuel concepts, which might manifest in a 2nd term or with another President. Other wise I think Obama will be a "quiet" President, but that's just my feelings.

I had to get up to use the bathroom about 8:30am and I couldn’t sleep after that. I managed to sleep a bit after that and got up about 11:30am to watch the news and fix a cup of coffee and I’m enjoying this now. The markets are all down at mid day.

It’s pretty gray looking out there. They’ve got snow on the shoulders of highway 2 just North of Airdrie. It’s coming our way. Possibly Friday and when it lands it stays until the end of March. We’ve had a pretty good summer though, I can’t complain.

I’m still hard at it with Icewind Dale and struggling for my 100 pages/week. I began this book September 17th so I’m a little off pace but not by much. I wanted to have it read by Nov. 22nd but with another 450 pages remaining, I don’t think so. Possibly by the end of November. Anything after Icewind Dale is going to be a tough act to follow.

Anne’s working tonight so I’ll be fending for myself this evening as she’s out of here about 3pm and I’m off tomorrow night for my Lodge meeting. The last time I was there in September I had that anxiety attack or what ever it was, I hope I don’t get that again.

Anyway Bloggers that’s all for now

e. Jim

No comments: