Thursday, June 10, 2010

Well that worked out reasonably well

I'm still tinkering around with this, trying to change things around here. I came to the sober conclusion that I no long want my website to be nothing more then a daily diary. I can do that here at Blogger.

I had a great night on the job last night. We had game #6 on TV and I had a great night, making sales and credit cards coming in left right and center. I wanted the Flyers to win to take the game back to Chicago so they could win it at home (and I could watch the actually Stanley Cup game in the comfort of my own home Saturday night.) The game went into OT and Chicago scored and the rest is history. If a Canadian team can't win then let it be an original 6 team. So, no more hockey for another 15 weeks. Well except the off season that is and draft day is on June 25th and the Esks start their first training cup game this Sunday but I don;t know if its on TV, probably not.

I kind of like the My Tweets in my Welcome block on my website.It looks better this way.

This morning I couldn't sleep so I started to read a bit from "Odd girl out." I found the audio book edition available as well. It's a 7 hour long book for $7.50 or so at audible.com. When I was listening to a slice of sci fi last night one of the hosts was commenting how they have the audio book in ear and the real book in hand so they can read along and drop out now and then. Most likely if the book drags on for awhile, you drop out of reading and listen. I actually like this idea but it makes the book $7.50 more. But if I can read the book in 7 hours, then great. I could read 4 books/month that way.

Last night I was going through FL Studio and discovered only the basic template is free and there isn't a lot you can do with it. The full version is $299 but still for a full recording studio on the computer, $300 isn't bad.Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments: