Thursday, June 24, 2010

That's what I like about

Blogger they keep adding new things and all for free. Picasa, Google earth, Google maps, docs and many more apps, free. Well, not free but still interesting is the Google cell phone. Not only all the above but Google is about to launch their version of Apple's Ipad.

I have one Apple product and that's the ITouch. Its a cool device but with the ITouch I think Apple failed to miss the mark on a few things they could have added that would have made the ITouch better then it is but for some reason, they didn't. I think the ITouch is a gateway device for the Iphone. In a perfect world I would have liked to have seen on the ITouch with: A camera to shoot video and still images with all models of the ITouch 8Gb and up. Camera's are on almost every device these days. Apple has a camera on its IPhone. Ok, maybe its a marketing or price thing, I can understand that but Apple has a camera to shoot video on their Ipod nano and an FM radio included! Granted the nano doesn't have wifi, well you get the idea. The ITouch would have greatly benefited from this but sadly the 3rd Gen ITouch doesn't have this feature, why? The ITouch also could have included a microphone added right onto the device like a lot of smart phones and similar devices do but instead consumers need to buy either the 16Gb and up to get a microphone/headphone device. The pricing point (as of this writing) between the ITouch 8Gb and the 32Gb is like $100 more and Apple includes the head/microphone piece. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that Apple wants to sell individual consumers all their products. "You want this feature? Then you'll need to buy this device," type thing. Apple's ITouch could have had a external speaker like their own Iphone or like on the Sony Walkman. Apple could have added slot for an external memory card but Apple is a propitiatory company. I would also like to have seen on the back of the ITouch, a little kick stand and maybe a stylus-wand option for those of us with less then nimble fingers. Also, I would like to see the ITouch support for a 3G network. Just a few of the features I'd like to have seen on the ITouch, but its not a perfect world.

I was going to go into work for the 12:30pm shift but Anne kind of wanted me home for today as we're short on a few things. I need to put one day in so I'll go in Friday for the early shift. This way, I'll have 27.5 hours in on my next check.

I wanted to get a bit more writing on DS today but with Anne all over the place and what limited time I have this afternoon, any writing on DS will have to wait until when I come home. Maybe I can get a 1,000 words in. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments: