Friday, June 4, 2010

The big wheels are turning but slowly.

My wife was successful in getting the forms from CRHC and apparently if we’re accepted they pay for half the rent. We were turned down last year because our assets exceeded over $7,000. So now I’ve got to bring my form in and get Gerry to input in things like my hourly wage, annual income that type of thing. But Anne will get her employer to do hers tomorrow as well. With any luck at all we’ll have the forms ready and processed and she can go back into the office Monday afternoon. Hopefully if we get subsidy we’ll be a little better off.

Neil was working last night according to his wife so he wouldn’t be at lodge. I took the bus down to Clairview station and the train heading out was not in service, the train coming in was not in service. Finally, the train out was. I had a brief wait at the bus stop at Rexall for the #8 and I almost missed my stop. But it’s easy to get to Lodge by bus. I signed in and had a chat with a circle of the guys I took my EA degree with. We were talking about positions of officers etc. I mentioned I’d like to be JD. This means I will be in “the big chair” (if all goes well) in 5 years before I turn 65. Dale agreed and has no problem me being JD for his term because he’s going to be WM in December for next year. We had no music, but it was a great night. I was put back into the Tyler chair because Andrew took over the festive board last night and as a result was our MC. I had a great time. I don’t know what the details are for me attending fort Edmonton park but I think it’s next weekend. At the festive board, I had 2 Stella. I left one in the fridge for Anne for later. Apparently our BBQ looks good for August 28th.

Yesterday, right on the mark, my Paypal (PP) funds were in my account. Excellent. So then it works. I wanted to obtain a service and I needed $40 and $20 is going in today but it takes 8 days here in Canada pending funds to arrive as a balance. But over the last few days the service I wanted to order through PP increased to $100. Yikes. couldn’t they wait for at least the end of the month?

Ok, finale and only plug here: If your new to this blog or have been reading for awhile, you may have noticed over the last few days a link in my Welcome block near the bottom of my photo image. I’ve stumbled upon a great marketing concept that looks really good. No it’s not an MLM, been there done that. I’m not sure if the link is active yet. I’m waiting for a response from a tech support ticket. The link is for a free Ebook talking about this concept that is so simple it will blow your mind. I’m not answering any questions about this. The link is up and the subject closed. Anyway, that’s all I’m going to say about this so check it out if you want.

Tonight I’m out of here at about 4pm for my afternoon commute. Yesterday my wife asked if I would ask if she could work at my place of employment as they are hiring like crazy. Part time is 16 hours/week and full time is 35 hours/week. Thing is Anne can only put in 3 days week: Monday, Tuesday’s, Thursdays, or something like that. She worked with me before. That’s how we met 10 years ago this coming up October. We have people here that come in whenever they want to so why not my wife?

I’m still trying to read “Odd girl out” but I’ve been so busy lately, it’s been hard. On my way into the office I’m depositing $10 into my account for PP and I’m taking about $12 or so for a book at Audrey’s. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments: