Sunday, March 22, 2009

This Saturday morning felt good going into work for a change.

I was feeling pretty good going into work Saturday morning. These pictures were taken while waiting for my bus about 9am to Clairview station. Looks like a typical winter day doesn’t it? The first image is looking West towards the Manning bridge. My Saturday #11 bus shows over that bridge all the time at 9am towards me. I’ve shown this before but this is supposed to be Spring!

I was feeling pretty good for the trip in. I managed to read a bit and stretch myself out on the decorative pedestals at Corona and got the tightness out of my back and neck a bit. For the first time in a long time I wore my green bomber jacket into work. I had a good start to the shift as well for a Saturday morning. Team India is back. Nice to see them return. We had a shorter crew as well. I got a couple of CC sales and my last sale was a CC sale but at least now I know how to ask for the CC sale. JT wasn‘t in to pay me the $4 so I offered DC to go double or nothing for the game this afternoon since he didn’t have any change on him. I walked out of there empty handed but I got a $5 bonus for next week.

Next week I’m expecting $46 in bonuses on my cheque and a full week. I kind of dozed off on the train there for awhile on my way home and once inside my place I was hoping have a bit of a nap but best I could do was to doze off. The next image is the walkway right behind our apartment. In a couple of weeks all that snow will be gone. I love April out here because everything has that dead feeling of renewal before the leaves pop out. There are no bugs hanging around. By the end of April all the leaves on the trees are budding.

This is a view of our balcony. The white vertical board at right covers our BBQ. See the two (birch?) trees almost side by side? The evergreen between them is “The Boot’s tree.” The window beside the white board is my office and the next window is our bedroom. I love our balcony because it’s so long and enclosed to give us some privacy.
And just for fun the last image is of my job workbook. I keep my nightly records in here. The green strokes are $800-$1000+ nights. I’ve had 4 so far in March, Five in February and 12 in January.
All in all I had a nice day for Saturday. The only hic-up I had was Anne telling me this morning when I locked up I failed to close the lock properly leaving our apartment unlocked while she was at home sleeping for 3 hours. First time that’s ever happened. That and the blow up just now she had with me leaving out of here to Walmart over chips no less.

Since I’m still on Saturday time here, I spent about 3 hours playing Oblivion. I’m still at Level 5 and I’m not able to use any magic yet. I’m finding the Quest bosses really hard to eliminate. Journeying through the game this evening I discovered about 3 new forts a shrine and a couple caves as well. This game is going to take me awhile to complete.

Providing Rob pays me all my bonuses I should get an extra $46 on my next cheque. Since I only bought 2 books so far for march, I can get 2 more next week.

What would make my weekend complete is if the Oiler’s go into Minneapolis and win the game. We Didn’t get that 6/49 win Saturday night. There was 1 winner claiming (6) $4,448,017.00 and someone won (5 + bonus) $317,715.40. Also, 144 people won (5) $1,822.60 and finally 6,486 (4) people won $76.60. That’s 6, 5+, 5, 4 respectively. Of course even if I won the big one, I wouldn’t announce it.

And finally Sci-fi guy and Sci-fi chick are still reviewing Urban fantasy books. What science fiction and urban fantasy have in common, I Haven’t the foggiest idea.

I just did a rush edit on this post and we're done for the night.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.


e. Jim

No comments: