Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Looks like another cold one out there

It was another cold one leaving out of here today for work. I bought a diet Coke at the drugstore and went upstairs just as the shift was changing. Rob was giving out some huge bonuses for the staff leaving out of there. I got a modest collection of cans and bottles. Anne was glad to hear from me when I called shortly before kick-off. We ended up doing CBF and that bombed so we did OTH. Seeing as how the game is next Wednesday. 2 CC sales and $100 l/h got $25. I was no where close and 3/5 calls or so were semies. I ended up with 2 CC’s and $285. Nowhere close. I made sure Super put the missing $10 bonus I missed from last time on my cheque from last week.


It was still bitter cold heading across the open parkade to Corona station. I didn’t have my reading glasses so I couldn’t read on the train home. But I called my buddy Charles and he’d call me back. He did as I was watching Raw and Anne went out across the street to the store.
Anne made me a great cheese burger for lunch and I had that and watched an excellent Monday night Raw. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate this Raw a 9.


I’m off to do some piano practice……2:20pm> Onto my first coffee. We went to bed about 3:30am listening to Coast for half an hour. I couldn’t sleep around 9am so I got up to play Oblivion. I think. I made an error last night on the job having to do with a sale type. The customer bought 2 tickets to OTH for $40 but I couldn’t remember if I out X tickets or XD sponsor. I don’t want to bring this up and draw attention to myself as well. The customer said she’d get her grandson (out of town) the tickets. Hopefully she called and he said “can’t make it, other engagement,” or I did put down X for tickets. Playing Oblivion helped me get it out of my mind.


This afternoon it’s off to work. We got -25C out there. I don’t know if there’s a wind chill. Most likely there is but by Friday it’s supposed to warm up out there. I’m going to try and put Thursday and Friday afternoon in because Anne wants us to definitely go out to the Ramada for her birthday dinner.


Ahh, the new Star trek movie is coming out in a few months time. I hope it’s good. Sure it’s a prequel and different characters playing the originals although much younger, I wouldn’t say it’s young adult but probably borderline. I’ll most likely see it when it comes to the dollar theater in the fall.


Oil today is down by a bit sitting around $45. Premier Ed was saying yesterday that our credit rating for borrowing is one of the best in any regime in North America. And for that reason the Province is going to borrow for infrastructure projects. He says even with $40 oil were making money.
Oh last night while Anne went to get my chips and glasses she noticed Boots at the corner of our building. He cried seeing her and ran up to her. She said how she opened the front door, he goes through tale up in the air. She opens the stairwell door. Boots goes through following her up the stairs to our apartment door. He’s in my office with me now. The place stinks but I got the fan on and we’re ok.
Anne’s off today but were ok. So far they haven’t cut back any hours on the job. That’s always a good sign. Oh and there's an Oiler game on TV tonight. Good stuff.


Anyway, gang that’s all for now.


e. Jim

No comments: