Sunday, March 15, 2009

I'm not going to worry about things anymore.

Sleep for me came by really hard overnight. I got up about 5:30am to do some reading. That helped but I couldn’t help but not think about my job and what tomorrow at 5pm will bring. I managed to fall back to sleep though. Anne got up around noon. I tried to catch a half an hour after that but she left for work about 1pm.

I woke up around 1:30pm and fixed myself a coffee. It’s been snowing on and off all afternoon. Not a lot going on right now. I decided to play some Oblivion and I got to an earlier saved game and that got me out of the sewers a lot easier. I “lost” all that gold and hit points. I decided to pick up on the current quest and got a lot further in the quest then ever. Agimir met me in a mausoleum with a friend. They were grave robbing but hey confronted me and I got “killed” I tried going after Agimir again but I was getting beaten up to badly. I tried to steal something and that interrupted the flow of combat. The Imperial Watch threw me in jail. These end of the quest bosses are too tough for me.

I got a call from Anne’s sister that sent her the birthday money. I Haven’t spoken with this sister yet. Anne called latter and relayed the message back to her but her sister that called lives in NS so they’re a little further time wise away then we are. My wife said it’s really slow for a Sunday. Since this was the first Sunday she ever worked at pizza since she started there in September. She thinks she might get sent home early. I’m still reluctant to tell her about my job situations but at the same time I want to ask her to get me an application for Pizza this evening. I won’t mind working X4 8 hour shifts. Friday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. That way I get Saturday, Wednesday and Thursday off. But if nothing happens to me tomorrow, then situation normal.

If you notice the goofy looking color Facebook photo of me on my website (left sidebar) I’m at my station in the office I work at. We have 41 of those computer stations with equipment that’s over 10 years old. There’s another 21 possibly 31 stations on the other side but only about 5 of them are occupied in the evening. There’s lots of room left but how much source do we have?

Facebook has a new “Homepage.” I noticed that the comments aren’t published immediately like in the “old Facebook.” Maybe I accidentally hid them, I don’t know.

Anne called me on her 8:30pm break and they’re just starting to pick up there now. I dropped the bomb on her that my place of employment is cutting back and how I’ve been holding this up inside for the last 2 days. She said for me not to worry about it because I’m evening and agreed with me how Rob would have called me in right there. I actually feel a bit better about this.

I got Boots with me this evening. Him and I are pulling in guard duty in my home office. You have to be careful when you ty and pet him because he has an instinct to scratch.

Anne said if they do let me go then she’ll get me a Pizza application when she goes to her job on Wednesday. I think I might actually like this better then where I am now. No more Saturday mornings. A cheque directly into my bank account every other Friday. I could use her as a recommendation and we’d get the referral bonus money from them (if they do ) hirer me on that is. My reference might be a bit of a problem because of all the time I’ve taken off. In the last 8.5 years at least one day/week. That’s about 450 missed days in the last 8.5 years. Umm, considering I don’t take smoke breaks or vacation time off and the fact that they ripped me off my vacation pay last December, me and about 4 others as well.

Speaking of Internet related things, I’ve been having issues with my Gmail. I keep getting on the link I’ve used for months a “Windows updater.” This sounds like a virus because it wont let me get into my Gmail from there. I go direct to Google to get it. The other thing I heard on Coast this morning is something called “Wolfram Alpha.” it’s hyped as a killer replacement for Google because it does searching in different ways. Wolfram Alpha apparently launches in May. Something tells me Google has their hand in this somehow.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: