Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hey hey, we're into a new month.

I’m having an easy day off today. My wife is out running around spending money. Yeesh. I played a couple hours of Oblivion finding out more things about the game I didn’t know before, like weapons. Right now the only damage most weapons do for me is 2 regardless of what weapon it seems to be. A 2 handed Warhammer (what I was using) takes away the use of a shield. So I repaired a broken Longsword that does the same damage as the Warhammer. I equipped the Longsword and put the Warhammer away. Bam! My Armor class rating went from 2-8. Love it. I need some gauntlets and a helmet of some kind and that will increase my armor rating even more. I’m playing a level 3 Imperial.

Well its overcast and looks cold out there. Snow must have came down overnight as it’s showing up on nearby roof tops. Nice way to bring in a new month but March can be like winter with average temps around -12C. Usually by the middle of the March temperatures around here climb to about the -2C as an average. We’ve been known to get a blast of snow around end of March early April. Daylight savings time is next weekend. That to me is a sign of Spring.

Just now I watched Star Wars The Clone Wars. “Jedi Crash” pt.1. I enjoyed this episode. I’m still waiting for the Star Wars live action TV series. I think I can keep waiting. This economic downturn might affect this concept as well. According to some sources the live action TV series will debut in 2010 or 2011. My guess is in 2011. That is if the economy doesn’t take out any of the major networks. “The Clone Wars” isn’t bad though in the meantime.

I can’t recall what night this was last week but while I was working the phones talking to Mrs. Jones in my home town of Coquitlam BC. Her address was on Hailey. Hailey runs North South intersecting Regan Ave. My neighborhood growing up in the 1960’s was between Smith & Como lake, Blue Mountain & Robinson. Blue Mountain Service station on the corner of Como Lake Ave and Blue Mountain had been there for years. As kids we used to go there to get 10 cent soda pops. Across the street from the Service station on the SW corner for the longest time was a wooded empty lot. So I asked Mrs. Jones what’s there today and she said it’s a Presbyterian church. This must have went up in the early 1980’s. Another piece of closure added to my life. Back in the 1960’s early 1970’s we had only one church in the area and that was the church of The Nazarene, on Como Lake Ave West of Robinson. I recall early when our family moved into the area about 1960. The area West of our house was being prepared with bulldozers and other earth moving equipment.

This week has a few interesting things going on. Firstly we have the NHL trade deadline Wednesday. Will the Oiler’s make a move? They need a major goal scorer but nobody at this stage in the game has 50+ goals this season. On Thursday, I have my Lodge night and I think we’re going to do an EA degree.

Last nights Oiler’s/Wild game was a bitter sweet win for the Oiler’s. Near the end of the game, Oiler’s team Captain Ethan Morrow got a stick to the face, eye area and went to the hospital. There’s no update about the injury. I’m also keeping an eye on the Columbus at Vancouver game. The Canucks won 3-1. I don’t know if that helps or hurts the Oiler’s.

I’m making some pretty good progress on my book “The third lynx.” This time, I hope to have it read by the middle of March. In theory. Then I can go onto read “The Blood red harp,.” then it’s James P. Hogan’s “The Legend that was earth.” After that (May?) Greg Bear’s “Darwin’s Radio.”

Oh and even though we’ve had Boots here for a few days, Anne had the balcony doors opened up to get some air and Boot’s jumped. Yup he’s out roaming around again.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: