Wednesday, March 4, 2009

That was Tuesday

We went to bed about 3:30am yesterday. Coast was kind of lame but I was more wiped out then anything. I had a good sleep overnight and woke up around 11am and read for about half an hour. I got my wife up about 12:30pm as she needed to go to her bank so we could get the rest of March’s rent money. She’s still there most likely on her way home.
We got a whack of snow Tuesday morning. Hard to believe that this will all be gone in about 3 weeks. Right now it’s -5C out there but tough getting around.

Tonight the Oiler’s are in Nashville and I’m going to be catching a bit of that game in between phone calls. I’m not betting JT any more since he hasn’t returned my $2 out of the TB game from last week. It’s only $2 but if I owed him, he’d sure make a point of it in a hurry. Burn me once, never again. I’ll bet DC, he’s good that way. Speaking of hockey the big trade deadline is Wednesday. Will the Oiler’s make a move? I don’t think so.

Still enjoying “The 3rd Lynx.” I should have it read in about 3 weeks. I usually read about 100 pages/week and that’s a pretty good speed for me. I’m going to order the 3rd in the Frank Compton series Friday and a few others. I usually buy 4 books/month and I’m lucky if I get to read 2 of them………1:40pm> So tonight it’s off to the job and put my 4 hours in and maybe even watch a little hockey as well in between phone calls. I’ll collect a bunch of bottles and cans and then head home. I’ll have an after action report after midnight Wednesday morning of course. Oh, an update on the Ethan Morrow eye injury: It’s not as bad as it originally sounded. He should make a full recovery but is going to be out of the line-up for awhile.

Anne was successful at the bank and gave me enough for my Lodge dues for Thursday. She brought me back a Wendy’s double bacon cheese burger and Biggie fries. I bought my 6/49 ticket and a bottle of diet Coke, which I didn’t really need. I was able to get a couple of pages reading done on my book before I worked my way to the office. Super put me in the back and was it ever a struggle to get sales. The best news the first hour was the hockey game on at 6pm. I think at break I was at $320, which was barely at line hour. They can afford to turn that phone room into a boiler room operation these days what with the downturn in the economy. The Oiler’s at Nashville game was a barn burner, from what little I could see of it in the back. I watched some of the Oiler’s goals. In the 2nd half sales were even harder to come by, I got 3 CC sales in the 2nd half and $105 away from line hour for a total of $615. I was glad to get out of there with a bunch of cans and bottles. The casualty if it all was the Oiler’s lost in OT but they got 1 point out of the game. There should have been a goal tender interference call that left Roli without his stick so Nashville could win the game in OT. The Oiler’s were robbed to say the least.

I was glad to get out of there with my bottles and cans in one piece but had some one had to tag along with me to Corona. I got a seat on the train and transferred over to an empty seat and read a few pages on the way home. I hate people that need to rub their backs up to me sitting behind me. So annoying.

After banging all the snow and slush off my boots in the stairwell Anne was doing the last of her laundry. Doing it now because Sunday is supposed to get cold and she likes to stick the dryer hose out the window.

What with my game crashing and all yesterday I was able to continue it with no big deal.

Anyway, gang that’s all for now.

e. Jim

No comments: