Sunday, March 8, 2009

I'm tinkering around with this site again

I've added a Tweet this to the bottom of each post and took advantage of Adsense monetizing option.

I'm having a pretty good day.

Over the last several weeks my wife has been mentioning her birthday. The original idea was for me to take the day off and go out for dinner Saturday for her birthday on Monday. But I mentioned how one of the Lodges here in Edmonton is holding a EA degree night this up coming Friday. I'd love to go to that and dinner out with my wife but I can;t justify both days off work. Friday night and Saturday. I could have done this if I went in this afternoon to make up for Friday, sleep in for Saturday and go out for our dinner.

The other thing I could do is go to the Lodge, by working Friday morning. Or any one morning this week or a combination of afternoons. That way I could go to the Lodge. The other thing I'm thinking is if (This is what Anne most likely would do,) Go to her job run over and get us a Rose bowl pizza (She's been thinking about this as well.) after work and then Sunday we go to the late night movie and home. We might end up just going to The Ramada anyway.

I've always wanted a caricature done of me in pencil, 3/4 right frontal shot. I thought maybe at Capital Ex or the Agracom but when we went to the Ex a few years ago, and I was looking, they didn't have anything like that. I stumbled upon by accident a site that does this. $89 bucks isn't
isn't a bad deal.

Sorry about the book cover images. I'm going to fix those by using Library thing. I haven't been using this site as much as I'd hoped but that's going to change. LJ isn't bad but not as feature rich as Blogger and Blogger is free.

I spent about 3 hours playing Oblivion earlier this afternoon. I love this game. Yesterday I discovered the value of The Arena. Today I've discovered the use of the bribe wheel. I'm on a quest in one of the Northern towns but the bad guy is a bit to strong for me to take right now and my armor is broken. Going up to fight this guy with an armor class of 9 just doesn't cut it. I decided to do something else and I found killed off a goblin and found a battle axe of some kind with lots of "life" left in it. The newly "acquired" axe has a damage value of 3. Most of my weapons have a damage value of 2. It seems the less life a weapon has the less damage value it has.

I'm also looking at getting a space opera kind of game for the 360. Something like "Galactic Empires." This was an in house, pen and paper computer assist game that Adventure gaming supplies had here in Edmonton. How the game worked was there would be 6-8 players. You got a home planet and resource points to build ships and other things. Players mostly built Fleets send them out to explore and whoever got the most space and killed off his rival won. However there was an intangible: The dreaded NPC. Moves had to be by Saturday as the game master (gm) needed to input the moves into his computer program. Scouts got the skinny on how strong a fleet was. Odds were calculated. You won, you'd advance. Moves were done on Order sheets. It cost $2/order sheet. The game was simple wide open lots of room for alliances back stabbing. Great fun. It wasn't complex at all. When the store closed unfortunately so did the game. Too bad because this was a great game. I don't know if the Xbox has anything close to that. There probably is, somewhere.

I'm slowly reading through the "The Third link" and I'm enjoying the read. I hope to have a review of sorts by the end of this month.

Anyway gang, that's all for now

e. Jim

No comments: