Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Yesterday, what a great way to start off the week

Even though it’s +5 out there now it’s still relatively nice. You can get away comfortably enough with wearing just a sweater. We could stay like this until the end of the month. Then around November right after Halloween we’re usually about -1 temperature wise. Usually we don’t get the cold weather around these parts until about mid November.

I’m enjoying my first coffee feeling pretty good. Boots just took a dump and stank up the "office" here. Peeu.

I had a great night last night. I locked the place up and boarded the bus and caught my train to Corona station, walked up Jasper and over the cross walk then turned right heading to the Pharmacy. I got my lotto Max ticket for $30M for Friday’s draw and a diet Pepsi and got my old dialer #13 facing the overhead monitor for our 7pm Vancouver at Oilers. First places credit cards $25 bonus. Second place cards, $10 up for grabs. I had a steady start, a couple of cards. The guy beside me was coming in really loud. Not his fault, he’s a nice guy. I got a nice selection of empties and I was at $380 by break. In the middle of the pack somewhere. More empties and the hockey game tied at 1. I got a couple of $100 sales, bumps and was in second place for the last bonus. Jerry’s girlfriend and Jerry brought in 2 bags of cans for me as she brought in her little Poodle cross cute little thing. Was really friendly towards me. Jerry’s a good guy. The Oiler game was tied in the 3rd and even though I didn’t get any bonus money I had one of the top totals. We had 10 tap shooters doing Cops. I was just ripping it up with bumps and cards all night. I ended up with $910 and $295 for 5 cards. I was feeling good about my night and when I got outside it was raining pretty heavily heading towards my train.

I found a seat on the train with my empties and headed home. Even with the hoards of Oiler fans on the platform at Rexall didn’t hinder me from giving up my seat. Well, I had 3 bags of empties with me in their way.

When I got home to take off my shoes and put the empties away I checked on the game moments before Monday night Raw with Snoop Dogg. I like Snoop Dogg. The Oiler’s beat Vancouver 2-1. Khabibulin was putting on a goal tending clinic and he was the main reason why the Oiler’s won the game. Yesterday was a great day. Anne made us each a cheeseburger and fries for supper and the rest of Raw.

We went to bed about 3:30am listening to Coast. It wasn’t a bad show. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate it a 6. For most of the early hours of the morning and before bed, read more from “The Space Wolf.”

Anne just now went to go sell the bottles. She’s off today but tomorrow I’m putting in an afternoon and same with Thursday since Jerry said with our new hours we part time evenings can work afternoons. Same as before. Good stuff.

Anyway gang, that’s about all for now

Jim

No comments: